View Single Post
Old 12.17.2013, 04:50 PM   #2
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Depends what standard of living you want. I would say realistically if you want to get your own place that isn't too far from the centre of town (and by that I mean about a one hour bus ride) then you would have to pay probably at least £1000/month in rent +bills and tax on top of that, obviously you can live closer to town than an hour bus ride (or in posher areas) but that's when rents start to sky rocket, a place in a house share in a similar (i.e. not crazy expensive) area would be around £600 (or often more depending on the room) +bills, but if you're lucky you can find cheaper, but really only if you're lucky. South London (i.e. south of the river) might be a bit cheaper than that although I know prices have been going up there so it might not be so much the case anymore.

As far as bills and things go I pay £60/month for water, electricity, gas, council tax and internet, which I think it at the more reasonable end of average. If you live alone expect to pay more.

If you cycle you can save money, otherwise expect to pay about £25-35/week on public transport, depending on how much you favour the bus or the tube.

A meal out with drinks at a modest restaurant generally would be about £20 - £25/person. A pint of beer in a pub costs about £4.50 these days, the cheapest bottle of wine in a pub will cost about £15, expect to pay more for drinks at places that aren't pubs.

I gave up smoking and I don't know if you smoke but I think a pack of 20 cigs is probably almost £10 by now. Roll ups are cheaper.

Going to see a show at a small venue will cost you approx £10 to get in, at larger venues around £20 or £25, a big show by an established act will be £45, and these are the prices without booking fee, delivery fee, etc. A cinema ticket is about £10 these days. A new record will cost anything between £12 and £25.

The average cost of lunch in the area I work is about £5. Last night I went to the supermarket and bought enough food for two days lunches and dinners, and that cost about £15.

A decent cup of coffee is usually about £2.50

A cab home at the end of the night will cost probably just over £1/minute of journey time
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|