View Single Post
Old 10.05.2013, 04:40 PM   #196
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
i got it. changed my mind. the Live and Loud concert sounds great!!!! so glad to see the unaired songs.

and the 2013 mix?!?! OMGawd!!!

Live and Loud was released independently, I'm SOOOOOO buying it. Also, they released this disc not just as that exorbitant box set, but a $19.99 double disc. I'm now wondering, why even buy the box set when you can get the reissue and DVD for under $50 buying them individually? Really though, I'm not sure there is a need for another Albini mix aside from the Scott Litt tracks?? I listened to some samples and it just sounds a bit louder, and the vocals are a bit more pronounced, but I'm not sure its "better" but i haven't been just sitting and listening to it so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krist
"Well, we figured out how to sell records in the digital age," he jokes. "What you do is, you put a package together with nice paper and photographs, you find some closet treasures and dig deep in the vaults and include that. You put a live show in there and the Nirvana fans seem to love it. People will trade bootlegs, they'll download songs and concerts and things, and so, these kinds of packages are for the Nirvana fans out there.

"This'll probably be the last one. It's the 20-year In Utero anniversary and it was the last Nirvana record. We're not gonna do the 25th year. Maybe I'll be around for the 50th anniversary."

That is called the Radiohead strategy.
They always release box-sets with strategic art work, remixes, and DVDs, and EVEN when they GAVE their record away with In Rainbows, they STILL sold out their $100 box set and had backorders up the ass.
Also, if I were to take a wild guess, after reading some comments by Krist about his motivation to make the remix of this record, I think he is not telling the whole story. On the last box set With the Lights Out the track list was purposefully arranged to dick Krist and Dave out of any money. If Krist is involved with Steve on the remixing, does he get a different cut of the 2013 Mix release? If so, is THAT really the motivation to release this, to let Krist finally get some of that Nirvana money that Courtney and her Army of Darkness Lawyers have been so painfully denying him. I certainly hope so, I could really get behind that.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|