View Single Post
Old 10.01.2013, 02:43 PM   #25
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Skull
THANK GOD AND THANK PJ!!

I always thought that is in part why Uh Huh Her is the most demonstrative album of her song writing and dynamics, but she recorded it herself so that is probably why. It doesn't always work to do everything yourself in the studio, but sometimes, it does. That style most DEFINITELY wouldn't work for Albini, he doesn't do layering and over-dubs, he is more of a live-feed engineer, but conversely most engineers CAN'T do that live recording either, they prefer doing each part individually. I think THAT is the process that destroys albums. I wish Steve had recorded this Palms record.

Listen to the record and listen to the the stageshow. Such a world of difference. There was a certain chemistry and spontaneity which was lacking in the studio version. I feel similar about War Paint, their album is NOTHING compared to their stage show. Another classic Steve Albini candidate..
Its why I thank God and thank Shannon Wright that she was smart enough to use Steve to record Over the Sun, which sounds as close to her epic 2002-2005 stages shows as could be managed in a studio..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|