Thread: So many ladies
View Single Post
Old 01.23.2013, 08:25 PM   #115
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trama
I'm afraid sexual objectification is not exclusive of a race, gender or sexual orientation.

Oh so men are objectified as much as women, seriously?
How many images of an objectified body have you seen today?
Research suggests women will see an average of 300 or more images of idealized women bodies being used by media everyday.

How many discussions have we had here about men worried about being objectified?

How many threads created by women posting photos of men's bodies and discussing them as objects X threads created by men discussing photos of women's bodies?

Are you SCARED when you find yourself in an elevator with a strange woman?
Are you scared to walk alone to your car, not for your wallet or your phone, but for something much greater?

How many times a week, on average, do you hear somebody shouting something demeaning at you as you're going to work about your body then told to "take it as a compliment"? How often is your size, hair or make-up discussed in the work environment?

How often does a stranger make a sexual gesture of remark to you?

How many times have strangers in a club or a bus put their hands on your ass or chest and laughed to their friends like it was nothing?

I'd appreciate it if we have a discussion about the real world, not an imaginary "equal" world.

Once again, data is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=kMS4VJKekW8

Need more data? I'll give it to you.
But please, the real world.

I trust you know math so you probably know that whatever exception you can mention doesn't invalidate statistics.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|