View Single Post
Old 07.05.2012, 02:35 PM   #33
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I must have a seriously ambiguous sense of judgement when it comes to rating ''great'' bands because I feel that personalities and egos in music very rarely live up to what they promise. I was thinking about this regarding Michael Gira, recently, and how his antics kind of annoy me after all, even though I consider Swans to be a band I love without a doubt. Their earliest records tend to be patchy and sound mostly terrible. Maybe they got the reputation because of live performances? I can't say the same about SY, who seem to have shelved the whole notion that to be assertive you necessarily need to look the part.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|