View Single Post
Old 06.10.2012, 06:19 PM   #49
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Some random commentary:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Well in all fairness, almost any musical movement over the past 30 years worth mentioning, Sonic Youth were involved in one way or another. They've always been cool about promoting anything they find interesting...whether it be Lydia, Government Issue, Nirvana, or Wolf Eyes.
I'll interpret that as you maintaining that SY has been cool about backing music they've genuinely personally supported, not that you blanketly endorse everything they've promoted. Because they have promoted some seriously shit bands in their time. This does not detract from the fact that I admire them for sticking their necks out for what/who they believed in. But really - some seriously shit bands.

I love Pavement, almost entirely for nostalgic reasons. They were a constant in my high school years. Malkmus is a narcissistic, nonsensical, self-indulgent indie darling dick, who couldn't put on a live show even in their best years. ABHOR him. Love "S&E" and "Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain." If you're looking for a logical explanation, too bad. That's just the way it is.

Whoever said the new Jack White sucks (foreverasskiss or something?) - agreed. The Raconteurs make me twitch. However, I adore the White Stripes, precisely for their simplicity. Jack White is unarguably one of the greatest guitarists of all time (and yes, I stand by this). They could be dirty, raunchy, poppy, and complex at any given time. Meg is hot, and her sucky drumming somehow perfectly complements Jack. They're fabulous. The end.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|