View Single Post
Old 05.30.2012, 08:58 AM   #45
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
i never got into pave because of their association with SY. never even knew they toured with 'em. of course this was before i had the internet to find out such. i knew they loved Dinosaur Jr.

when i think of SY i think of a lot of 80's bands. SST stuff. maybe riot grrl or no wave. Velvets and The Stooges, but not Pavement.

tell you the truth, SY didn't become my favorite band untill i was 23. long after my Pavement phase blew over.

I guess I don't really understand the association. To me, they represent entirely different styles and eras. I don't see it. Nor do I see an overwhelming population of the "should I like this or not" types on SYG. I think the forum members deserve a little more credit than that.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|