View Single Post
Old 04.02.2012, 07:00 PM   #36
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
Yes, that's true. He's always been a diligent artist and typically is involved with something. He has a very particular way of working and he emphasizes on the importance of staying true to the ideas and impulses that emanate from his subconscious. BUT this (if I'm not mistaken) is like the longest he has gone without making a film since the transition from twin peaks to... either lost highway or mulholland dr. so as a huge fan I sometimes worry that Inland Empire is the last we'll see from him. I've been saying for a long time on this board that he's the filmmaker I identify with the most so I guess I might've exaggerated in my previous post. It's a shame about the Ronnie Rocket issue. He's been working on and off with the script for decades... and there's like two entirely different scripts for it I think? it sounded like it could've been his best film if executed properly of course. Jack Nance and Dennis Hopper were rumored to be in it but it'll be a bit difficult to find them now. It seems like its been a very crucial piece of work to him (otherwise he wouldn't have persisted in writing it for so long) so it would be disappointing if he never gets to make it.

would you mind elaborating on the filming of blue velvet thing? I've heard of this a few times but haven't been able to find out much about it.

In regards to "Ronnie Rocket": Yes, it apparently is something David Lynch really intended to take to the big screen, but according to rumors and speculations it always was pushed aside in the past, due to the fact that it was rejected in consideration that it wouldn't be a very commercial film so he always had to try with another project instead. He even had a hard time to find funds for "Mulholland Drive" (originally intended as a TV series) and it turned out to be one of his most praised films, and judging by the scripts floating around of "Ronnie Rocket", I suppose that might be a great piece of work as well, though I guess it would be equally understandable that it would be hard to obtain financing for it. He has spoken very fondly of it, and it has been said that many aspects of "Ronnie Rocket" have found a way in some other things he has done (like the "Sycamore Trees" on "Twin Peaks" for instance) perhaps because he has always known that making it hasn't ever been a viable move. In a recent interview I read (either at Mojo Magazine or Q), he said he wouldn't refuse to let that project go except for the fact that casting would be really complicated and he doesn't really think there will be an actor appropriate for the role. Michael Anderson ("The Man From Another Place" on the "Twin Peaks" saga and "Mr. Roque" on "Mulholland Drive") was the one he considered perfect for the part as far as I understand, but the project was turned down maybe many times when he was at his prime, and now his old age and some other complications wouldn't allow him to make that role anymore. Maybe the world needs a good dwarf actor to appear while David Lynch is still on the planet in order to reignite some hope that we get to see "Ronnie Rocket" one day.

As for "It's a Strange World-The Filming Of Blue Velvet": It's an independent documentary film directed by Benedict Fancy, on Fiddler's Creek Productions, which has been funded by a Kickstarter campaign and it's currently on post production and likely to be released sometime next year. I see their official website is down now, but if you are on facemook you can find some info and get updates from them if you "like" them there (I do realize the timeline thing has fucked a lot of the content, though):
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Its-a-...06246812747242

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
Haven't heard the album yet.
Honestly, that song+vid got me a bit bored after a while...nice sounds, but not too engaging for my tastes, perhaps that track it's just a bit too long for what it has to offer..
The album is really long, close to 80 minutes in total length. It also has a lot more to offer in the same vein. You might be better staying away from it judging by your impressions, I suppose.