View Single Post
Old 03.18.2012, 03:52 PM   #41838
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
It's been a relatively music-free weekend. Sometimes I need that. Sometimes I need to take a break and not listen to anything.

Yesterday morning I tuned in to the local radio station's Saturday morning jazz program. Oftentimes I love this program. But sometimes they get into this corny doo-wop vocal jazz thing, which just irritates the shit out of me and the girlfriend. After about the fourth scatting goddamn song, I got so pissed off that I switched off the tuner, grabbed my LP copy of The Clifford Brown Memorial Album (Blue Note) slipped the LP out of the jacket, slapped it on the JVC QL-Y5F, hit play, and sank into the couch. A few minutes later, my girlfriend said, "Hey, nice. Now they're into some sultry jazz."

I said, "No, honey, that's my record."

"Oh. Who is it?"

"Clifford Brown. From the early 50s. Blue Note record."

"Oh. Trumpet player?"

"Yes."

"Hmm, nice."

I was happy again. My girlfriend said that my Clifford Brown album was nice. I got up from the couch and went to the kichen and made some fresh coffee in our french press. We listened to the record while she worked on her Web site and I checked my bank account, paid some bills, and wrote some to-do lists.