View Single Post
Old 03.16.2012, 12:33 AM   #174
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
I was bonkers excited at first, but now I'm skeptical. We do have our copy secured-- the vinyl-- and I haven't heard the whole album yet, but I haven't been truly 100% happy with any of the SY releases since they signed with Matador. Except SYR9... which was not on Matador.

Am I the only one who's like.... "Hey, where the fuck did Lee Ranaldo go?" I mean there's some nostalgic, noodly guitar work, sure, but this just doesn't sound right to me.

Neither did demolished thoughts come to think of it.
or the eternal.

Edit: I was being a complainy cunt here, admittedly. I do like all the records I mentioned here.

your not alone, i am not a fan of this direction either. its kind of a let down in some ways that both lee and thurston have gone in such tried and tested musical directions. even steve in dissapears is just more of the same.

dont worry what the old men of the board think.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|