View Single Post
Old 02.08.2012, 10:34 AM   #19
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
It certainly is an odd record. I think one of the writers in The Wire summed it up nicely by saying that it's likely that Ferraro made the record whilst laughing through a bong smoked haze, or something along those lines. As much as I like Far Side Virtual, it's a shame that a lot of new listeners will be introduced to Ferraro through that album (due to it getting record of the year in The Wire, as well as other end of year lists) as I don't think it's his best work really and I think there are much better starting points. His new Bebe Tunes mixtape is even weirder to me, and I still can't get my head around that one!

Whilst this is a Skaters thread, I have to say that I picked up Spencer Clarks new one - 'Fourth World Magazine - The Spectacle of Light Abductions' and it's a fantastic record, really into it. Plus I'm looking forward to the new collab with Mark McGuire - http://www.pacificcitysoundvisions.com/
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|