Thread: LULU
View Single Post
Old 11.06.2011, 10:40 AM   #48
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Some of the tracks that aren't that interesting work in the album's context which is something you're not going to pick up from previewing the songs. 'The View' is possibly the worst song on there but I could appreciate it a lot more after listening to it's preceding track which is supposed to set it up. I'm just tired of instant judgements people make which is possibly a catalyst from the internet age. I hated the Kanye West songs 'POWER' and 'Monster' but when I gave it's respective album a good listen it became one of my favourite hip hop albums of all time and even came to enjoy those songs a lot more than I did when it was stripped from it's context.

Granted, this isn't going to happen in all cases. But I think it's more if the artist is album-centric (which Metallica and almost definitely Lou Reed are).
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|