View Single Post
Old 09.13.2011, 10:20 AM   #40174
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
MF Doom - Operation Doomsday (bonus disc from 2011 reissue). I'm half-n-half on this. First off, as a longtime Doom fanatic, I already had 99% of these tracks in some form or another. BUT having them laid out as a companion album is a great idea. It kind of shows a creative process since the original single versions of most of the OpDoomsday tracks where pretty much just demos and there's a huge jump from one version to the next. It was also a very exciting time, with MIC just starting to take off. But I don't feel like the 2nd half of the disc works well. Just throwing those instrumentals on there feels so meh. Like they just gave up on compiling the disc. I'm sure there's tapes of outtakes that could have been used instead. I don't know, I just feel like a proper companion album would've flowed better than just putting all the A-Sides on the first half of a CD and all the B-sides on the 2nd half.