View Single Post
Old 09.09.2011, 03:59 PM   #15
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
this group really had me relfecting about deftones and why I like them.

in the indy scene, most of our favorite bands are composed of artists who play in several other bands we all like. In getting into a single band, you subsequently get into ten more bands and a whole scene even!

Thats why Sonic Youth is the shit for being in the mainstream yet keeping the side-projects theme going.

I also have always like deftones for keeping this indy ethos alive with several collaborations and side-projects over the past 20 years, so that to get into the deftones is also to get into related bands.

Good indy style bands are like a network of good musicians, not necessarily some rigid institutional structure. Even with like Dave Grohl or Jack White, how fucking good is Them Crooked Vultures or the Raconteurs?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|