View Single Post
Old 08.02.2011, 11:28 PM   #5
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
I thought Ritualz would stand with more arguments against the obvious plagiarism, but i guess being trolled by Deftones' sympathizers is discouraging:
http://www.facebook.com/rrritualzzz

This is kind of funny, although i guess no one on the Deftones' camp would get as equally offended as Ritualz (then again, it's just a reactionary post with some sense of humor rather than an actual musical artifact):

Regarding the ††† Chino Moreno alternate project, there's not much going on here, musically speaking. A discussion on the merits of the use of the symbols that are the band's name would be more interesting than the actual tunes, in my opinion. I don't really see how comparing Deftones to Sonic Youth or Radiohead would be accurate, it just seems to me like you are attributing more merits to them than they probably deserve, SuchFriendsAreDangerous. I saw them a few months ago and while it was a good show, i consider they rely more on the energy and passion of the band as a whole (except all these years have had a toll on them), rather than on any exploration of new musical ideas.

I agree, but they still stand as the most musically significant nu-metal group, you can't deny that.

I am NOT A FAN, but listen to "Be Quiet and Drive"... it's a simple song in dropped-D tuning, but it could pass for an s/t era Foo Fighters song. It's just got that grinding, driving quality to it. It's actually always reminded me of a Pearl Jam song, to be completely honest.... guess which one. Heh.

But no- geniuses they are not. But they were the best of the worst, most definitely.

EDIT: what the fuck is Ritualiz? I'm outta the loop on all things Deftones. Haven't heard a single album since White Pony made the stoners in my high school sit golden eggs.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|