View Single Post
Old 06.01.2011, 07:02 PM   #7
jonathan
children of satan

jonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's asses
Honestly, no sympathy for the small record label. They are becoming less and less necessary. People shouldn't be making such stupid investments these days. I think that rightly puts responsibility on bands to promote themselves creatively and what not. Really, I don't care for Odd Future's music, but I see them as kind of a milestone in the way music is distributed. They recorded and did all of that shit online, promoted via social media networks, and now they're fucking huge and on MTV and whatever. I feel like there is this tendency to think that doors are shutting because the way music is distributed is changing, but really they're opening up.

It's officially a democratic space for anyone that has an internet connection, which if you live in "the west", you'd have to be a fool not to get access to the internet at some point. And as homeboy noted, while most tend to not be critical about the music they listen to and just take whatever they can find on a blog, I feel like for those of us that really give a shit about what we're listening to, it allows for a refined sense of taste that was previously unimaginable.
jonathan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|