Thread: Teenage Riot
View Single Post
Old 02.01.2011, 02:07 PM   #68
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
^Well, technically the hammers wouldn't hit the strings unless you hit the keys, but I get what you're saying.
well, just like the computer won't play that music before you get it to do so, actually ! so i think the comparison works

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
I just think someone who can only program a sampler is no more a musician than someone who can only make collages.

I guess I weigh more heavily on the "especially" part of the definition of musician:
: a composer, conductor, or performer of music; especially : instrumentalist
Okay, but even then, define an instrument and you will see your wrong. An instrument is a tool used in order to achieve a means : here your means is to produce music, therefore anything, no matter whether it is a guitar, or a computer, or a guy screaming (see : TV Shit), or a tennis racket, or whatever, can be a musical instrument. And consequently, anyone can be an instrumentalist. And consequently, anyone can be a musician.
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|