Thread: Teenage Riot
View Single Post
Old 02.01.2011, 10:09 AM   #37
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
'Actually learn to play an instrument well' - have you ever tried to use a sampler? I play quite a few instruments to a high standard (guitar, violin, clarinet, percussion) but making dance music is completely beyond me. It's a radically different way of working, but by no means subservient to other modes of production.

It worries me that your old-world attitude is very common amongst producers. It always amazes me how, in the 21st-century, there are still troglodytes out there who think that the guitar is somehow more 'real' than other instruments (especially given that guitarists are notoriously the least likely to understand the absolute barest rudiments of music theory).

you can play clarinet? sweet that is the instrument i have mastered. Actually I have been playing everyday lately.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|