View Single Post
Old 01.27.2011, 03:30 PM   #197
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
I wouldn't call 60% of the time analogue rarely. When I'm working as system engineer the most popular console that comes through on touring specs is the Heritage (analogue) followed by Profile (digital). The Amek Langley Recall is an analogue board with recall function, semi on board dynamic effects. Recording a show has always been easy. As far as routing goes on digital it is far more complex than on analogue, particularly if you want to do things like parallel compression. I hope in a few years digital boards sound as good but that is up to the manufacturers not cheaping out on the consoles. Midas have made an exceptional digital console but no one is buying them because they are half a million dollars, which is about $250, 000 more than the Heritage 3000 which simply is the most beautiful sounding console around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Yet analog mixers are rarely used anymore by touring acts. Why?? Because the sound quality is excellent on the digital boards AND you get a long list of other benefits (total recall, onboard FX, simple routing, easy recording of show, etc). Analog is dead. In a few years the live digital boards will sound the same as the best analog ones (studio ones already do). But this doesn't really speak of the surface noise a Studer 24 track reel to reel machine or a needle on a record imparts (pure destruction).

I find it thrilling to capture musical ideas as they are being created. Less STDs too.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|