View Single Post
Old 01.27.2011, 04:32 AM   #191
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappard
Both statement are nonsense:
- FLAC does not destroy harmonic content, as can be easily proven.
- "Compress minutely"? I wouldn't call lossless compression ratios of 30-50% (depending on the type of music) "minutely".

You might have valid points (I'm not a studio wiz and I have cloth ears anyway ;-)), but they're really called into question if your post contains such egregious mistakes as the above two.

No mistakes here, my ears tell the truth and I know when my mixes sound shit and what effects my digital audio work.

Anything that compresses to shrink file sizes cannot do so without affecting harmonic content, and this is true as my non cloth ears have heard and tested on concert PA's with my own ears (I'm not talking home stereos, I'm talking PA's to cover between 5000 and 15000 people. They may claim to do such a thing but this is not the case particularly when working with multichannel audio files over 5.1 and above. If flac was such the magic bullet pro audio programs would offer it as an input record option, however this is not the case. File compression is handy but it is destructive. Even the best audio programs can be destructive on uncompressed audio after so much editing. If you run a .flac and a .wav or .aiff through a hardware spectrograph the compressed file of the flac will have different readings to the .wav and .aiff. This is fact as I have seen it to be true with my own eyes and ears. The only good compression is dynamic compression and not file compression. And I don't care what the hash tags say either, their is loss in 'lossless' formats.

In the end, if you want to use compressed file formats I don't care as long as I don't have to listen to it.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|