View Single Post
Old 12.05.2010, 04:01 AM   #67
kinn
the destroyed room

kinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asses
so everytime a band that is popular like deerhunter come along, and people on here like them, but some of us think they are shit - these people who like them will start attacking us "OMG U JSUT DIZLIEK DEM CUZ DEY POPULAR!" and they will bring up all these stupid references to animal collective and pitchfork. .

you know what we would say about a band like deerhunter if they weren't popular?

we prob would say less, because they are on our radar less and less significantly annoying. we might say something like "yeah, i heard them, didn't do anything for me. kind of pointless." we might be slightly nicer to them and maybe try to say something encouraging like "could be ok if they had time to develop, productions good at least."

now as i've demonstrated, we may be less harsh on them if they are less popular. this does not make us hypocrites, and here i shall demonstrate why.

let's say you are at a wedding and a slobbering coke head with downs syndrome has just shit his pants and is trying to clean it up with his hand while touching all the food. and let's say this tard decides to start regaling you all with an a cappella rendition of "sweet child o' mine" at the top of his voice.

now you are going to be annoyed with this guy, and shout loudly at him to stop, get the fuck out of the way and stop bothering us.

now what if this same guy is outside in the bushes away from the wedding guests, not touching any food and being more quiet? you might tell him to shoo, but you will be less annoyed because he is less in your face.

thus your reaction to him will be less severe.

its exactly the same with deerhunter and many other popular bands. the more in our faces they are, the more we will tell them to fuck off. this is not hypocrisy, it is us getting annoyed due to over exposure.
kinn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|