View Single Post
Old 11.16.2010, 12:31 PM   #95
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
i'm not trying to make an analogy out of it, i just used it as an example of stupid shit people get hysterical about and try and tell women what they can and cannot do with their bodies.

Sure, I just would argue your decision about smoking while you're pregnant from a more specific point of view, that's all. I can imagine there are several reasons why a woman would smoke during pregnancy, because there are even more for one to get pregnant as such.

To point the finger at some perceived selfishness doesn't often help matters anyway, not because there aren't cases where it's possible that selfishness is one of the explanations, but because the female carrying the baby might have reasons to go through particular stress and find their addictive side (if they have one) severely hard to deal with while their body is already going through change on top of other problems.

I admit that I am just guessing and am in no way an expert on the matter, it's just that to throw the same heavy blanket on all pregnant females like there's a unified code of behaviour for all of them isn't always useful when it comes to understand and resolve individual needs.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|