View Single Post
Old 11.08.2010, 11:25 AM   #26
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Bob Weston because of Mission of Burma/Polvo. Exploded Drawing is one of the best sounding albums of the 90s, as is Obliterati for the subsequent decade.

Tony Visconti's work in the 70s with Bowie and that crowd was awesome.

I like Steve Albini, but there's this post-punk coldness in everything he does. When I'm not in the mood for it, it really turns me off. His recordings seem to reflect his personality.

When you listen to things Visconti produced by contrast there seems to be the complete opposite. The recordings sound warm and loving, something you can snuggle up to and feel safe in. T. Rex Electric Warrior is a prime example of this.

When Bowie and Visconti parted for the first time, one of Bowie's coldest works emerged- Hunky Dory. And I can't help but find their reunion album Low to be one of Bowie's warmest and most comforting albums, despite the subject matter.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|