View Single Post
Old 10.14.2010, 12:59 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I have been watching this documentary on PBS and it has been rather good, relatively vague and a theologian and historian like myself tends to add details and get in arguments with the TV on such programs, but it has been rather decent..

its called God In America

so I was watching episode six by coincidence this morning, and after walking out to get a cup of coffee (which was extraordinarily delicious) I came back in to see MYSELF on the SCREEN!!

It was a scene where they were just talking about the shifting demographics of religion in the 20 somethings generation of Americans, and they were showing different people of that age in prayer, a muslim in a mosque, a yoga session, some pentecostals singing hands raised, and then they showed the above scene... I initially thought it was a jew, seeing a white guy in a prayer shawl, but then i said, "wait, I recognize that green striped netela!" I realized I was watching myself pray in my Virgin Mary Tewahedo Ethiopian Orthodox Church..

Honestly, I would think that any of the Ethiopians praying in that Church on sunday represent well the shifting patterns of religious diversity in today's America, but I suppose the producers thought the solitary white guy praying in a room full of 500 Ethiopians was a more accurate representation!

By the grace of God, I am happy to be catching fame holdin' it down for the Rastafari and Tewahedo and American communities of our era, and let the world know that folks still humbly bow in prayer to the Father for the sake of life in the world.

The strings of the Multiverse have been vibrating since forver, and they will continue to vibrate infinitely, prayer is just man catching those reverberations as the sound box of a an acoustic guitar resonantes and reverberates the vibrations of the strings of the guitar, amplifying the songs of Creation..

Jah, Ras Tafari.

the world is an increasingly small place!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|