View Single Post
Old 10.07.2010, 11:29 AM   #21
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I've heard from people involved in that (who'll remain anonymous) that it's not quite the musician-centric ide that it seems.

The Stone is awesome; that said, I don't go that often. Zorn doesn't choose the musicians there (in general), but I believe he does choose the curators who choose the musicians.
And I've heard there are issues with some musicians getting gigs and those who don't, but they moan about that regarding VisionFest and Tonic and ToddP. I'm not sure what the anonymous person is claiming (bitching about), but it is my understanding the artist does get all the door money for their set. They can play whatever they want and with whomever they want. The bills get paid from CD sales and Zorn's monthly concerts. The guy at the door is a volunteer. For a music listener it is great because people don't talk, it is usually an adult audience unlike the alcohol clubs, although it can be very hot or cold in there depending on the weather.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|