View Single Post
Old 10.06.2010, 03:15 PM   #19
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
I don't understand why people are so critical of Zorn. He's done plenty of fantastic things; some solo offerings, Naked City, Masada, Electric Masada, the TZADIK label. Honestly, Zorn has said he runs a massive financial loss by continuing the Tzadik label (which nothing is ever out of print on by the way) and runs an avant-garde performance area in New York called The Stone where every aspect of the show is controlled by the artist and all the money from the door goes to them as well. I find it ludicrous when people call Zorn out considering the love and effort he puts into exposing and creating interesting, creative music even if all of it doesn't quite appeal to me.
Your post is interesting because I was wondering by reading another thread on another forum if he's able to make a living out of the sort of music he plays. And other less established musicians who seem to be able to tour overseas regularly.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|