View Single Post
Old 10.06.2010, 03:08 PM   #17
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
I don't understand why people are so critical of Zorn. He's done plenty of fantastic things; some solo offerings, Naked City, Masada, Electric Masada, the TZADIK label. Honestly, Zorn has said he runs a massive financial loss by continuing the Tzadik label (which nothing is ever out of print on by the way) and runs an avant-garde performance area in New York called The Stone where every aspect of the show is controlled by the artist and all the money from the door goes to them as well. I find it ludicrous when people call Zorn out considering the love and effort he puts into exposing and creating interesting, creative music even if all of it doesn't quite appeal to me.
see, that's great and all, but i just find the actual music he's been involved in lately to be tremendous overkill. there's just too much of it and it all seems rather formulaic and klitsch-y after a while. i can't recall anything zorn-related i've liked since "at the mountains of madness."

then again, i enjoy about ten residents releases a year, so perhaps i'm not one to comment on overkill.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|