View Single Post
Old 09.18.2010, 05:54 PM   #18
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
i know someone who said to me about joy division that they " were just trying to rip off the killers"................ i did rant repeatedly at them!

Hahaha, that's excellent. I've never heard that one before. I've heard the Interpol one zillions of times, but not Killers, that's awesome.

Semi-on topic but more related to uneducated music listeners making bonehead mistakes like this one. In my senior year of high school, my english class was down in the computer lab to type up these book reports or some paper we had to write. And if you got finished early you could pretty much do whatever you wanted for the rest of the period. Well there was this guy listening to some music he had downloaded that he brought in. A couple of friends and I decided to go talk to him about it, because we liked what he was playing.

On the particular instant we walked over there, some Led Zeppelin song was on, I can't remember specifically which one, Rock and Roll I think, something from IV. So my friend says to him "Hey Cody, you like Led Zeppelin too? This track is great, IV is my favorite record of theirs." something along those lines.

Cody then crooks up his eyebrow and kind of deadpans "This isn't Led Zeppelin."

"Uh yeah it is. That's Rock and Roll right there."

"No it's not. This is Van Halen."

"WHAT? No way man. That is not Van Halen. That is CLEARLY Led Zeppelin."

Then he gave us one of those you know (man, how much of an idiot are you?) looks and then pointed at his open Windows Media Player to the current song title for his irrefutable evidence.

"Look...Van Halen."

I don't know how but the song was mislabeled as Van Halen, uh Atomic Punk I think.

We tried to convince him that it was really Led Zeppelin but he was unmoveable, dead set convinced that it was really Van Halen. I didn't know what to say to him. I mean, how to do convince someone who confuses two of the most famous bands on the planet?

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|