View Single Post
Old 09.11.2010, 12:35 PM   #12
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone can play guitar. It's the simplest instrument in the world next to the triangle. I mean, you can play the complete Weezer discography with two fingers, you know? What got me playing guitat was CONFUSION IS SEX. I was just telling someone this the other day... I heard that album when I was 13, and it basically made me realize that, hey, I could do this stuff. I wasn't interested in "tuning", I wasn't interested in learning chords, or whatever. The guitar playing on that album is just so primal and visceral, and not concerned too much with "riffs" (besides the bass, wihch is simple). And yet it remains one of the greatest guitar albums ever, in my opinion. Now, playing the drums? That one can be hard. Then again, the fairly simple drumming on CiS is mindblowing, too.

Anyway, Joe, just pick up a guitar and dick around, it's fun. Hell, tune to drop d, and you can play all the "heavy" KoRn riffs (some of the weird sounds, and especially "Good God" are kinda challenging for beginners) with just one finger.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|