View Single Post
Old 09.11.2010, 11:15 AM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Utterly different instruments, for me. But then I tend to hold with the idea that every instrument has different ways of playing it. The difference between a Spanish nylon-string and a generic European classical nylon-string is massive.

In terms of actual playing, I think a good technique will stand you in good stead for either acoustic or electric. And I tend to think it's really important to work on actual technique, possibly more so than melody/ harmony. If you're playing garage rock, a 'sophisticated' approach isn't really necessary; similarly, if you're playing through a raft of effect, technique takes a bit of a back-seat. But if you're coming down on the side of treating the guitar as an 'instrument' (rather than sound source), technique (whether classically 'good' or more idiomatic) is inescapable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|