Thread: DJs
View Single Post
Old 08.13.2010, 05:01 AM   #15
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Radio DJs: Sarah Mohr-Pietsch, Fiona Torkington, Andy Kershaw (still off sick I think?), Lucy Duran... shame to see Mary-Ann Hobbs going, she was great at picking records (but increasingly annoying when speaking). Steve Lamacq may be a bit indie and wet, but I likes what he does from time to time. Gideon Coe and Stuart Maconie are alright in their respective shows, but neither are the most engaging of presenters. I don't know if he still does them, but Simon Munnery's shows on Resonance were well worth it. And, obviously, eternal plaudits to Saint Peel. Radio 1, in my yoot, had a load of great shows that introduced me to a load of good stuff - Fabio and Grooverider, Goldfinger, Nightingale and even Westwood (though, obviously, he's a bit of a tool.

Proper DJs: Sy, Rush & Optical, Nicky Blackmarket, Krush, Dougal, Billy Bunter, Die, Richie Hawtin, Andy C... it occurs to me that the greatest DJs I ever saw were the ones whose names I couldn't remember. Locally, mad props going out to the funk from the trunk boys, Dutty Ken and the legendary DJ Derek.

There's an awesome documentary on Derek that I can't find at the moment. Will try again when I'm slightly more awake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|