Thread: SKRONK
View Single Post
Old 08.11.2010, 10:53 AM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I live for the times in Sonioc Youth songs where the skronk flies free, and this is why I love their lve show so much. whereas many bands will "hjam" on a song, improvising and adding musical flourishes, Sonic Youth do their improvising with skronk.

they can and will break a song down at any npoint and take it to another world of skronk. It is in these momenst that I totally lose myself at a sonic youth show.

sometimes skronk is the main riff in a song, like Inhuman, which is so skronkalicious as to be the Instigator National Anthem.
tHAT SONG IS SO FUCKING GREAT.

These topuches are what make sonic youth my favorite band, for no other band has truly combined melody and skronk, beauty and ugliness, peacefulness and chaos, the soft lilting voice of lee ranaldo backed by his wall of skronk is the single greatest shit in my musical life.

Most of the bands I love in rock have the skronk.

Polvo
Unwound
Butthole Surfers
Dinosaur Jr

the skronk is what I live for.