Thread: Loudness wars
View Single Post
Old 07.29.2010, 02:56 PM   #20
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I dunno, I just turn the volume down a bit if it's too loud. Doesn't seem like a huge deal.

I've never understood audiophiles. Tons of classic albums sound like shit (Loveless, Trout Mask Replica, even tons of Albini-produced albums). It really makes no difference as far as my enjoyment of the actual songs go. I know a dude who only listens to music on vinyl because he said "that's the only possible way to hear the songs for real." Huh?!

...Anyway, I've yet to hear a cd produced so loud that it produces clipping to the point where it obscures the music or something -- without it being intentional and perhaps necessary (Merzbow, Coachwhips, Hospitals). Death Magnetic sounds amazing. There are quiet parts, loud parts, there's a good dynamic range, every instrument is clear in the mix (though the bass should be a bit louder).

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|