View Single Post
Old 07.17.2010, 03:36 AM   #63
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not even sure what "pushing music forward" means anymore. If it means having an artist w/ really progressive ideas that are bound to be ripped off over the next ten-fifteen-twenty years....that's been happening since forever.

98% of everything I listen to stems from blues (and of course...rock). I really don't think that there is much more that can be done with it...which isn't to say that I don't think people can no longer get "creative" with it.

Seems as if more of the seemingly progressive stuff these days happens to be working within the scheme of metal-based-musics. But, it only seems that way to me because for years a deliberately stayed away from most things metal.

Whatever, it's all rock.

I'm at work, draggin, slow-pokin, and really wanna be home listening to the Stooges w/ a big fat ass foam cup filled to the brim w/ caffeine. That shit's progressive. Maybe I'll throw some paint mixed w/piss concoction all over the walls during this nicotine + caffeine induced session. performance art. I'll leave the tv on some static-fried station and record the whole thing. Pay some Vietnamese friend to shout red-neck jokes in her native tongue.

Fuck everything.

My minds already been blown too many times. If it happens again, great...kinda hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm taken aback by little, and virtually nothing shocks me these days.