Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   are the members of L7 hispanic? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=998)

Laila 04.16.2006 04:58 PM

are the members of L7 hispanic?

or is it just the lyricist? cause i was always under the impression that they were white, not that it matters, but looking through their albums yesterday, i noticed alot of their songs mention people with hispanic names. Ex: Andres and Lorenza, Giada, Allesandra. i don't really know alot about them, so are any of them hispanic? or at least one of them? not really alot of info about them on the web.

Danny Himself 04.16.2006 05:17 PM

Nah, but they're from California, which has a pretty major hispanic community, so it'd be normal for them to know some hispanic folks.

truncated 04.16.2006 06:13 PM

Laila, I have to say, you win the award for the most criminally fucking stupid posts I have ever seen on this board.

HaydenAsche 04.16.2006 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated
Laila, I have to say, you win the award for the most criminally fucking stupid posts I have ever seen on this board.

Agreed.

Laila 04.16.2006 07:03 PM

what the fuck? it was just a question.

Everyneurotic 04.16.2006 07:05 PM

this thread reminds me of the "are sonic youth satanists?" thread

truncated 04.16.2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laila
what the fuck? it was just a question.

It's not so much this question in particular, but a culmination. But it's only my opinion.

HaydenAsche 04.16.2006 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated
It's not so much this question in particular, but a culmination. But it's only my opinion.

It's only EVERYONE'S opinion.

Amaranth 04.16.2006 09:38 PM

wow, thats mean truncated (though on the funny side), but um, just for the record i think the pc term, and the term that is used by this particular group of people is latino/a, chicano/a. mexicans call themselves mexican, but sometimes american, or these other names i noted. this guy, carlos mencia (i am watching him on comedy central right now) calls himself a beaner, but i dont recomend someone who is not mexican calling a mexican a beaner. actually mexicans dont call themselves beaners, this guy is just a comic, so he is trying to be funny. yeah, these are more latin americans here in socal than anyother race, so yeah. as for the question, i am not sure if any of L7 are latinas, but it is possiable.

Everyneurotic 04.16.2006 09:59 PM

a latino calling himself beaner is like a black guy calling himself nigger

marleypumpkin 04.16.2006 10:05 PM

"Mexican Americans go to night school, & study spanish, & get a D"
-Cheech & Chong

Savage Clone 04.16.2006 10:05 PM

I have yet to see a map of the world with a country called "Hispain" anywhere on it.

A Latina grunge guitarist whistled at me outside Wal Mart the other day. It creeped me out with extra hot sauce on top. What a brazen hussy!

Andrés 04.16.2006 10:18 PM

I think Donita Sparks' grandparents are from Italy

HaydenAsche 04.16.2006 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I have yet to see a map of the world with a country called "Hispain" anywhere on it.

A Latina grunge guitarist whistled at me outside Wal Mart the other day. It creeped me out with extra hot sauce on top. What a brazen hussy!

There is like an Island called Hispain with other countries on it. I forget if it is where Haiti and the Dominican Republic are or Puerto Rico.

HaydenAsche 04.16.2006 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
"Mexican Americans go to night school, & study spanish, & get a D"
-Cheech & Chong

Or better yet.

"BEEAANERS!"

Everyneurotic 04.16.2006 10:25 PM

Jespaña!!!

where they speak Jespañol!!!

and the meat and condiments wrap the tortilla!!!

and the tortilla eats the people!!!

marleypumpkin 04.16.2006 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Or better yet.

"BEEAANERS!"

"Beaners like to.....eat beans"
-Cheech & Chong

I love that movie.

Laila 04.16.2006 11:10 PM

have you never heard someone say they are hispanic savage clone? well i'm from Texas and like 50% of the population are mexican/latino/hispanic or whatever you want to call it, and usually if you ask someone if they are of that decent here, they will say that they are hispanic. i guess that's what we say in texas. That's kinda why i was curious enough to ask this question cause i have alot of hispanic friends, and one that listens to L7, and she was wondering the same thing about the members of L7

marleypumpkin 04.16.2006 11:36 PM

Fuck 'em Laila. We all need to learn how to ignore these jerks w/out putting them on the ignore list. I know I'm still in the process of learning this.

Laila 04.16.2006 11:47 PM

i don't care if people hate me cause i ask a question simply because i am curious and don't know the answer. they are the ones who look like assholes not me. ignore list are so childish. and what's up with atrai posting like a 5 yr old lately. he's all like, oh laila, you're dumb, i'm gonna put you on my ignore list.

i really don't understand what putting someone on your ignore list is suppose to accomplish. is it suppose to make me cry? ouch atari god...ouch!