Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I'm dreaming of a white Christmas (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9264)

EMMAh 12.24.2006 04:27 PM

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas

yutyuutyu

k-krack 12.24.2006 04:30 PM

None here. Not supposed to be any until wednesday in ontario... fuck that...:( This isn't christmas!!!

cryptowonderdruginvogue 12.24.2006 04:32 PM

not in houston, texas (home of the playas and pimps)
we got so much ice already

p.s. by ice, i mean:

k-krack 12.24.2006 04:38 PM

That would be just... just magical!

k-krack 12.24.2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
not in houston, texas (home of the playas and pimps)
we got so much ice already

p.s. by ice, i mean:

...Not a looker in the bunch. Seriously though...are all rappers hideously ugly?

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 12.24.2006 04:50 PM

no snow here. not for at least a week.

Alex's Trip 12.24.2006 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
None here. Not supposed to be any until wednesday in ontario... fuck that...:( This isn't christmas!!!

Quit crying. It hasn't ever snowed here.

k-krack 12.24.2006 04:53 PM

That's because you live in southern california, nimrod! In ontario, it is literally always snowing.

Inhuman 12.24.2006 05:04 PM

Yeah, we're going to havae a green christmsa here in Ontario~! It;s going to suck. I wishj it just snowed oernight. I remember last christmas and it snowed about two days before christmas, it was rellly lucky. Stupid global warmng,.,,,

But yeah,0 todaty sucks. My stepdad found my rum and had a "talk" abo9it it a few seconds ago because he was looking through my drawers, but right now I dont' care, but I prolly iwll later. I'm of age, it shouldn't even matter nbeacuase I'm, legal.

k-krack 12.24.2006 05:08 PM

Typing too fast... or drunk, Rob?

Inhuman 12.24.2006 05:12 PM

Quote:

Typing too fast... or drunk, Rob?

I can't drink tomorrow at ALL, beacayuse I ahfve to drive, so I'm just drinking today ro make up for it. Hopw's your day coming along steve?

Alex's Trip 12.24.2006 05:23 PM

Quote:

That's because you live in southern california, nimrod! In ontario, it is literally always snowing.

I am aware. You get snow all the time, so don't complain about not getting it because we don't get any!

k-krack 12.24.2006 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
I can't drink tomorrow at ALL, beacayuse I ahfve to drive, so I'm just drinking today ro make up for it. Hopw's your day coming along steve?

Not too bad, leaving shortly, waiting to unwrap one prezzie!

k-krack 12.24.2006 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
I am aware. You get snow all the time, so don't complain about not getting it because we don't get any!

When I said literally, I meant not always.
Aside from the impact it has on tradition, it's also a bad sign for the environment/climate...

Hip Priest 12.24.2006 05:53 PM

Some snow would be most acceptable. I'd like to walk in the snow tomorrow. Failing snow, a return to Tuesday's fog would be nice.

CHOUT 12.24.2006 07:27 PM

Fuck snow! Once global warming runs it's course, here's what we'll have instead!

(also a reference to EMMAh's city)

Inhuman 12.24.2006 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
I got in an argument with my friend the other day because he insists global warming doesn't exist. I told him to look around hahah.
Sure not having snow this Christmas doesn't mean that we'll never have snow again, but jeez, it's a sign.

I don't even remember a single green Christmas yet in Ottawa.
You should recommend that he watches Al Gore's movie, "An Inconvenient Truth" and it demonstrates how the amounts of greenhouse gas emissions is nearly a perfectly parallel to the amount global warming is affecting us.

qprogeny79 12.24.2006 11:04 PM

closest we ever got to a white christmas in southern VA was a couple years ago, the day after christmas (the very day the tsunami struck SE asia). we got well over a foot, which is unheard of here, but i was sick and couldn't go out in it, so i watched the star trek DVDs i got that christmas the whole day. it was a white kwanzaa . . . i found that ironic.

k-krack 12.24.2006 11:37 PM

People that say global warming isn't real are fucking IMBECILES. Take a look at the fucking climate, and also that if you just merely say it doesn't exist, yr just as well as causing it yrself, as yr doing nothing to stop it. Better safe than sorry, fuckheads.

Inhuman 12.24.2006 11:41 PM

Yeah really! Evidentally there's been a huge climate change, and I find that their main argument is "who says it's directly connected to greenhouse gas emissions? It's just naturally getting warmer. We've had natural ice ages in the past and so slight rising temperature means that it's greenhouse gasses?". They're so annoying!