Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   rip jeff hanneman (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=91302)

chrome noise tape 05.03.2013 05:30 PM

rip jeff hanneman

for all slayer fans this is very sad...metal lost a great guitar.

chocolate_ladyland 05.03.2013 08:24 PM

Terrible news. I REALLY hope they choose not to replace him, even though it's almost inevitable they will

h8kurdt 05.04.2013 02:10 AM

They already have. He had stopped playing with them for a little bit now. Everyone thought it was cos Kerry King had kicked him out which they've done with Dave Lombardo.

Gerrystumbaugh 05.05.2013 12:14 AM

Hanneman was never kicked out. He was legit ill. Gary Holt has been filling in, but has stated he won't quit Exodus for Slayer.

TheMadcapLaughs 05.06.2013 09:55 AM

isn't compassion a christian virtue?

"Kansas-based Westboro Baptist Church has tweeted about the passing of Jeff Hanneman, claiming that the SLAYER guitarist was just the latest in a line of musicians who were killed by "God."

"Which of your idols will God kill next? Yesterday Chris Kelly #kriskross. Today Jeff Hanneman #Slayer." Westboro Baptist Church wrote Thursday afternoon (May 2). It was followed by the hashtag #picketfunerals and accompanied by the picture below.

The Westboro Baptist Church is described by the Wall Street Journal as a "tiny Kansas church… [that] … preaches that U.S. deaths in Afghanistan and Iraq are punishment for American's tolerance of homosexuality and abortion." As Examiner.com noted of the church, "their flamboyant demonstrations at the funerals of non-gay service members, using the events to highlight their belief that military deaths overseas are justified punishment for U.S. tolerance of homosexuality. ('You're Going to Hell,' 'Thank God for Dead Soldiers,' and 'God Hates You' are popular Westboro slogans.)."

In a June 2010 appearance on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline", BLACK SABBATH singer Ozzy Osbourne blasted the Westboro Baptist Church's protest of Ronnie James Dio's funeral. "I thought it was in such bad taste that those people had those banners about Ronnie James Dio. That's disgusting. They say that we're the anti-christ. Well, what makes them any better?""

TheMadcapLaughs 05.06.2013 09:58 AM

i guess this baptist church is going to picket his funeral too. this should be interesting. slayer fans are an unpredictable bunch... or wait they are very predictable, some people are gonna get fucked up!

dead_battery 05.06.2013 07:27 PM

rip jim henson

dead_battery 05.06.2013 08:31 PM

dude get help

dead_battery 05.06.2013 08:34 PM

t(h)rust in jesus brah

dead_battery 05.07.2013 05:49 AM

i love you bruh. :) today.com hoe