Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   clerks vs. clerks II (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=4504)

dietzer123 07.26.2006 12:21 AM

clerks vs. clerks II

without going into the movies clerks soundtrack is SOO FUCKING GOOD, and clerks II makes me wanna cut my cock off and feed it to an alligator

schizophrenicroom 07.26.2006 12:55 AM

eh. the part i saw of clerks ii i really enjoyed, but i don't think it could beat the first one.

RockerNino 07.26.2006 01:00 AM

clerks 2 was a HUGE disappointment. It did have it's moments (most consisted of scenes with Randal). The plot was just horrible. i love the first one though.

schizophrenicroom 07.26.2006 01:13 AM

yeah, randal (and the donkey scene) were the best part. i love randal.

Cantankerous 07.26.2006 01:16 AM

clerks 2 was terrible.

EyeballGrowth 07.27.2006 12:46 AM

Clerks II was decent. Not AWFUL, but Clerks definately is the best. I did like in Clerks II that the opening song was Talking Heads

CHOUT 07.27.2006 01:39 AM

I liked II more than I expected, but it can't touch the first.

truncated 07.27.2006 03:08 AM

Kevin Smith can suck my proverbial left tit.

kingcoffee 07.27.2006 11:33 PM

I thought Clerks II was absolutely hilarious. I was really wary (but still very excited) about a big budget sequel to Clerks. I thught the original was so witty and unique that it would never pan out into a worthy sequel. But it did. The sequel was even funnier than the original, although it lacked the art-house indie film the original film had going. Clerks had a better plot, but was a little bit dry, whereas Clerks II has better acting, funnier supporting characters and better directing and much more sight gags. It's a tough call. I love Clerks but Clerks II is more than a worthy sequel. It does unquestionable justice to Kevin Smith's legacy.

dietzer123 07.29.2006 04:36 PM

it was very funny. the part about pillow pants made me nearly die.

Cantankerous 07.29.2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated
Kevin Smith can suck my proverbial left tit, quoth Cantankerous.

That's better.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 07.29.2006 04:51 PM

Clerks

Daycare Nation 07.29.2006 05:02 PM

Clerks II was way better.

truncated 07.29.2006 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
That's better.

Not that I technically care, but I have been instructing others to suck proverbial tits and balls for quite some time.

I merely conclude that great minds think alike.

kingcoffee 07.30.2006 09:19 PM

Whatever.

val-holla-ing 08.01.2006 01:54 AM

i wouldn't say clerks II was horrible, but it wasn't as good as some folks were saying. of course, the nerdy references to pop culture and kevin smith's previous movies were nice, but he got a little too sentimental with this one. "jersey girl" was fine with that b/c that's the kind of movie it was.

the soundtrack/score was horrible, though.

kingcoffee 08.01.2006 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
i wouldn't say clerks II was horrible, but it wasn't as good as some folks were saying. of course, the nerdy references to pop culture and kevin smith's previous movies were nice, but he got a little too sentimental with this one. "jersey girl" was fine with that b/c that's the kind of movie it was.

the soundtrack/score was horrible, though.

Are you nuts, man??!! Jersey Girl was absolutely horrible!!! That was his worst movie!!! Clerks II nearly had me rolling around in the ailes of the thaeter!! True, I may have been high at the time, but that doesn't matter! It was a wonderful film. It wasn't a perfect film, but it was downright hilarious!

val-holla-ing 08.01.2006 11:29 AM

i never said that "jersey girl" was a good movie. i said that it was okay for that movie to be extra sentimental, because that's the kind of movie it was.

and really, "clerks II" wasn't that funny. it had its moments, but it didn't have the wit that made "clerks" so charming in the first place. the only part where i had a downright shitfit of laughter was the "lord of the rings" vs. "star wars" part. that was funny. everything else was just a *wee* bit too contrived for me to enjoy more than a little bit...especially the "porch monkey" thing.

Everyneurotic 08.01.2006 11:49 AM

the dude said it. he thinks it's better because he was on drugs.

k-krack 08.01.2006 02:21 PM

I thought clerks II kicked ass! i don't know if i'd say it was better than the og. but it was one of the funniest movies i have seen. plus, the ending was perfect (if the egg guy was there instead it would have been moreperfect though...)