Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Reload this Page asp's classic albums # 65: photek - modus operandi (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=33921)

atsonicpark 08.25.2009 11:29 PM

Reload this Page asp's classic albums # 65: photek - modus operandi

Okay, I'm coming out of classics-album-post-hiding for this one.

PHOTEK "MODUS OPERANDI"

Here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/wp8tip

thanks to killedincars dude for link.

atsonicpark 08.25.2009 11:31 PM

Um, not sure why it said " Reload this Page " in the subject but oh well! Fitting I guess.

Sonic Youth Gossip 08.25.2009 11:37 PM

I think adding that to the title was kinda fitting given the "reload" of your classic albums series, a strange coincidence indeed.

atsonicpark 08.26.2009 12:25 AM

Yeah I just copy and pasted it and it did that and I'd posted it before I realized.

Also, I'm on, uh, something, so just ignore me.

Finally, this album rules!

atsonicpark 08.26.2009 03:43 AM

Okay, now that I'm not on acid, as much, and I am still listening to this album:

Fuck yeah. This shit is honestly amazing! It blows my mind so hard.

hang on...

atsonicpark 08.26.2009 03:47 AM

Okay. aHem. Here is the proper write-up:

*adjusts tie*

Fucking excellent "Drum and bass" record. Wait -- stop. Trust me on this one. This is amazing shit. Some of the most captivating songs on any record I've ever heard, in my LIFE. I can't believe how precise all the parts on these songs are.. yada yada.

Trust me, this is a really exciting awesome record that I've specifically come out of retirement to post about. I want everyone to hear it.

loubarret 08.26.2009 04:42 AM

I trust you.

Might give it a spin later today

Sonic Youth Gossip 08.26.2009 05:08 AM

Have you heard Timeless by Goldie? That one's really good. Is Photek sorta similar?

Also good job with not making it obvious you were tripping at time of posting. Experience I assume?

atsonicpark 08.26.2009 05:17 AM

no, never heard that Goldie joint, will get it now.

Yes, experience. Haha.

atsonicpark 08.26.2009 05:21 AM

Oh, already listening to this Goldie stuff, yeah, it's kinda similar but this Photek stuff is more hard and atmospheric.

I'm no expert on drum n bass or anything, haha.

wellcharge 08.26.2009 05:41 AM

timeless and modus operandi aren't really similar that much, but peeps should download both

Sonic Youth Gossip 08.26.2009 05:51 AM

as long as it doesn't sound like Pendulum.
Goddamn I hate Pendulum

stu666 08.26.2009 11:03 AM

i got this on vinyl when i was really into drum and bass but i haven't listened to it for years now, i'll dig it out and give it a spin soon.

jimbrim 08.26.2009 11:18 AM

Stu- I was listening to Tom Ravenscroft on 6music yesterday and he played Sonic Youth for you! And there was a DnB track he played (I think it was after) which I thought was great, i can't remember the name of it though.

Anyway, yes this is a great record. Atsonicpark I think you'll dig LTJ Bukem, if you haven't heard his stuff already.

stu666 08.26.2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbrim
Stu- I was listening to Tom Ravenscroft on 6music yesterday and he played Sonic Youth for you! And there was a DnB track he played (I think it was after) which I thought was great, i can't remember the name of it though.

Anyway, yes this is a great record. Atsonicpark I think you'll dig LTJ Bukem, if you haven't heard his stuff already.

YES!

he's playing sonic youth purr now!

EDIT:

sorry for the thread hijack!

TheDom 08.26.2009 02:32 PM

YaY! Now I'll have something new to listen to.

Seriously I love all these threads. I haven't liked all the ASP classics but he knows how to pick 'em thats for sure.
Hopefully there will be more...?

barry swedgin 08.26.2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Tom Ravenscroft - Is that John Peel's son?

jimbrim 08.26.2009 08:35 PM

Yeah, he's a radio presenter now.

stu666 08.27.2009 01:27 AM

Quote:

Yeah, he's a radio presenter now.

and he's doing a good job, i'm sure his dad would be proud of him.

stadtgorilla 08.27.2009 03:54 AM

that's so great. my copy of this album broke years ago. thanks man!