Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anyone here familiar with Bongwater? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=33707)

artsygrrl 08.17.2009 07:12 AM

Anyone here familiar with Bongwater?

Discuss? Opinions?

Satan 08.17.2009 07:15 AM

it's nasty.

no but for serious i've never listened to them.

loubarret 08.17.2009 08:15 AM

Power Of The Pussy is one of the biggest tripping indierock albums ever, worth checking out.

finding nobody 08.17.2009 10:56 AM

They are a very strange group. I downloaded some of their albums a really long time ago. Kramer's best work is as a producer on Daniel Johnston's 1990. He also did a good job working the soundboard for Sonic Youth at some of the DDN shows that appear on the reissue
Kramer sent me a message on myspace a long time ago.. I guess I got no way to prove if it was really him. This is what he said

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer
Hey Joel,

wow. this is great stuff. thanks so much for the friend request. sorry for the delay in my reply but i have been WAY busy here.

you let me know if you ever need me to mix or master something for you. my rates are WAY lower than most folks assume (and i master FREE when i am hired to mix).

love, K

baby bulldog 08.17.2009 11:06 AM

2 words
Double Bummer

PAULYBEE2656 08.17.2009 11:09 AM

rip off.. pussy...nick cave dolls..... great great band! i use the term great in a very very loose way, i use the term loose in a very very grave way..i use the term "i use the term" quite efficently....

GeneticKiss 08.17.2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satan
it's nasty.

no but for serious i've never listened to them.

Our ex-bass player, I swear, never cleaned out his bong. The definiton of bongwater stank was right there.

As for the band, I've of heard OF them, but haven't HEARD them, I don't think...

SONIC GAIL 08.17.2009 03:39 PM

OK I have been passing this thread all day .......bong water smells bad and leaves awfull stains on yr rug when spilled...tastes nasty don't try to drink it kids

finding nobody 08.18.2009 11:01 AM

I've actually heard of somebody getting stoned for about 24 hours off of just a little bongwater. But, it is the gnarest of the gnar. fuck drinking the stuff

tesla69 08.19.2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
I've actually heard of somebody getting stoned for about 24 hours off of just a little bongwater.

sometime it is hard to tell the difference between being poisoned and getting high.

in the late 80's bongwater I saw them several times, they were at the knitting factory often and played alot of opening slots. that guy kramer was real fucking arrogant prick and the band really wasn't as good as he thought. I mean, kilslug just fucking mopped the floor with them.