Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Help! I'm seeing Merzbow live and I'm SCARED (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=20655)

This Is Not Here 03.23.2008 07:01 PM

Help! I'm seeing Merzbow live and I'm SCARED

Looking forward to it no end, but I was almost on the floor weeping after the 40th minute of Heather Leigh Murray at Thurston's show in London. How can one prepare for such an event?:

Earplugs?

Narcotics?

Both?

HaydenAsche 03.23.2008 07:31 PM

Take several hits of good acid. Smoke a blunt. Space out. Enjoy.

batreleaser 03.23.2008 07:43 PM

ear plugs?? nah, fuck it. were too young to worry about our hearing. psychedelics and noise doesnt go too well with noise if you ask me, i ate acid and ex together at a wolf eyes/prurient show and all i remember is sitting in the corner of the venue crying and being disoriented and confused (maybe im a pussy?), so i would reccomend some prescription opiates, codeine prometh cough syrup is a good choice, and a medium amount of decent bud, itll put your mind and ears in the perfect mood to absorb the extreme sound you are about to endure.

atsonicpark 03.23.2008 08:05 PM

yep. codeine.

avantgarde1 03.23.2008 08:31 PM

put whiskey in a syringe and inject it directly into yr stomach. that shoudl do teh trick. and use jameson's.

Everyneurotic 03.23.2008 08:48 PM

take noise straight or go home.

HaydenAsche 03.23.2008 09:04 PM

Codeine? If you're going prescription opiates, go with some oxy or FENTANYL.

krastian 03.23.2008 09:05 PM

Huff Duster in the parking lot.

HaydenAsche 03.23.2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
Huff Duster in the parking lot.

And breathe through gas soaked rags.

Toilet & Bowels 03.23.2008 09:12 PM

i'm just going to do it raw. i think merzbow is one of those no booze no drugs guys, so i think that's how you should be when you see him play. plus, drugs are basically rubbish.

batreleaser 03.23.2008 09:21 PM

fetanyl will kill you unless you know EXACTLY how much to take(i have first hand experience with that, i.e. a close friend overdosed on it), not to mention its a lot harder to find than a lot of opiates. i love oxys with all my heart, they were my favorite during my opiate days, but they can be rough on your stomach if ure not used to opiates, codeine has always given me a perfect day dreamy buzz perfect for music, especially when smoked with weed. just put like five tablespoons in a beer and boom, lovely stuff.

Toilet & Bowels 03.23.2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i'm just going to do it raw. i think merzbow is one of those no booze no drugs guys, so i think that's how you should be when you see him play. plus, drugs are basically rubbish.

Although I will probably ignore the no booze part, as booze good.

GravitySlips 03.23.2008 09:32 PM

where is Merzbow playing?

Toilet & Bowels 03.23.2008 09:39 PM

UK tour

HaydenAsche 03.23.2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
fetanyl will kill you unless you know EXACTLY how much to take(i have first hand experience with that, i.e. a close friend overdosed on it), not to mention its a lot harder to find than a lot of opiates. i love oxys with all my heart, they were my favorite during my opiate days, but they can be rough on your stomach if ure not used to opiates, codeine has always given me a perfect day dreamy buzz perfect for music, especially when smoked with weed. just put like five tablespoons in a beer and boom, lovely stuff.

I fucking love fentanyl. A lot. I guess. Codeine is just weak to me. I like to get fucked up.

batreleaser 03.23.2008 09:43 PM

just drink lots of it. its possible to get fucked off anything, just gotta find your dose. codeine tablets suck, but the syrup is fucking great. if lil wayne likes it, its gotta be at least ok, that guy gets HIGH.

HaydenAsche 03.23.2008 09:44 PM

Truth. Weezy is the boss. Speaking of getting fucked up, I'm off in a few minutes. I'm going clubbing, nukkas.

tesla69 03.24.2008 10:03 AM

you're best bet is to find jesus and let him into your heart.

sarramkrop 03.24.2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
Looking forward to it no end, but I was almost on the floor weeping after the 40th minute of Heather Leigh Murray at Thurston's show in London. How can one prepare for such an event?:

Earplugs?

Narcotics?

Both?

Let it all come in, old fashioned style. That's the best way. His music is a gift to this world.