Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Multiple partners relationships (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=18453)

sarramkrop 12.21.2007 05:59 AM

Multiple partners relationships

Do you think it's possible to have a relationship with someone who sees, say, 3 or 4 other people apart from yourself? The reason I'm asking is that I know this guy who claims to have 5 (!) different boyfriends. When he first told me I thought that he might have had some difficulties expressing what he meant by boyfriends, and he was thinking about shag-buddies, but it turns out that his situation is not exactly as simple as that.

Everytime I meet him while I'm out, one, two or more of his boyfriends can be there with him, generally trying to ignore each other or bickering due to jealousy. The person in question (he's an acquaintance of a friend of mine) isn't particularly attractive looking or wealthy, but he still manages to keep the boat floating, flaws and all.

Do you know anyone who put themselves through super-complicated realtionships similar to this?

█████████ 12.21.2007 06:04 AM

fucking hell, 5?

no, i dont.

ALIEN ANAL 12.21.2007 06:16 AM

my good friend who is 26 is seeing 2 men..its pretty interesting

sarramkrop 12.21.2007 06:25 AM

Yeah, having two things going on at the same time is not that much of an uncommon thing. What struck me as totally odd about this guy's love life is that he commands total devotion from the 3 boyfriends of his that I have met. He doesn't come across as being that interesting or strikingly witty either. God knows, perhaps he has something of unspeakable proportions between his legs.

ALIEN ANAL 12.21.2007 06:33 AM

large underwear?

well it may not be weird to see a 3 person relationship to you, but for me its a pretty weird things

the thing that gets me is the reason why she has 2 men, because she cant choose between which one she wants, she is only 26 she still has so much time to meet different men, its not like these 2 men are going to be the last and only men she ever meets.

she also likes to go for older men, her boyfriends are in their mid 40s

ALIEN ANAL 12.21.2007 06:40 AM

nefeli i thought i told u not to tell anyone about my secret life!

sarramkrop 12.21.2007 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
maybe because he isnt that "interesting" or because he doesnt find those men that interesting either, he has many of them. so not to get bored or become boring very fast. he doesnt have to spend much time with either of them.

only case i know, is a guy, who btw as first impression i like and dont find him an asshole whatsoever. his friend had told me that he has 5 girlfriends at a time. he didnt call them sex friends, but i cant know if he was exaggerating either. have no idea where that guy gets the free time. he comes back home near midnight after work and gym.

I kind of thought that some issues in the self-esteem department may have come into play on the whole thing and perhaps they manifested themselves through serial-dating mayhem.

sarramkrop 12.21.2007 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
large underwear?

well it may not be weird to see a 3 person relationship to you, but for me its a pretty weird things

Slags aren't all that weird, are they? :)

ALIEN ANAL 12.21.2007 07:02 AM

slags? whos a slag? lol

SYRFox 12.21.2007 07:08 AM

Quote:

my good friend who is 26 is seeing 2 men..its pretty interesting

I have also a good friend who is 2 and is seeing 26 men... pretty unsane

ALIEN ANAL 12.21.2007 07:10 AM

26 of me have no friends that are seeing insane men....thats 2 good

sarramkrop 12.21.2007 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
do you have any idea or can you find out how all this started? was he this way in the past too?

btw, this made me :eek:

and then practical issues came to my mind. as how often he ll be getting drunk. imagine to have to have 2 rounds of drinks with each, not to mention the financial aspect of whole situation.

I only vaguely ask things like that when he talks about any of them. The thing is that sometimes he'd be talking about one of them and everyone would get confused about which one he is referring to. His English isn't great either (he's Japanese), so sometimes the conversation can turn a little abstract. I'm probably going to see him tonight as he gravitates around the same circle of friends that I do.

Green_mind 12.21.2007 07:53 AM

I bet that guy power trips of it, sounds too manic of a life style for me and like Nefeli said, it can be expensive enough with just one partner.

Trasher02 12.21.2007 08:22 AM

It's most definetly not possible, trust me.

█████████ 12.21.2007 08:59 AM

correction: not possible for you.

anyway, 5?
some muslims are married to dozens of wives.

ALIEN ANAL 12.21.2007 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I only vaguely ask things like that when he talks about any of them. The thing is that sometimes he'd be talking about one of them and everyone would get confused about which one he is referring to. His English isn't great either (he's Japanese), so sometimes the conversation can turn a little abstract. I'm probably going to see him tonight as he gravitates around the same circle of friends that I do.

dont you feel like just another one of them?

Rob Instigator 12.21.2007 09:40 AM

I do not know anyone who is doing this but damn if it would not drive me batshit to have to deal with the egos and personality problems of 2 much less FIVE women. shit.

floatingslowly 12.21.2007 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I do not know anyone who is doing this but damn if it would not drive me batshit to have to deal with the egos and personality problems of 2 much less FIVE women. shit.

ego is something I don't have a problem with. keeping up 5 conversations would do me in though. I wouldn't want 5 friends, let alone 5 FRIENDS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by █████████
anyway, 5?
some muslims are married to dozens of wives.

being able to publicly toss rocks at yr wife's head when she misbehaves takes away all the challenge.

sarramkrop 12.21.2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

dont you feel like just another one of them?

No, I don't at all. Why would I?

mangajunky 12.21.2007 10:22 AM

I've been really close friends with polyamorous people. It's a much more difficult thing to maintain than a monogamous relationship. The people I knew were together as a quint. Their relationship thrived through mutual respect and communication. Any of them was allowed to be intimate with someone outside of their quint with the unanimous approval of the group. They shared all responsibilities including bills, childcare, cooking and other responsibilities.

That's all too much work for a selfish bastard like myself.