Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Isss (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15103)

sarramkrop 07.28.2007 06:02 PM

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Isss

This is great. Nothing of the experimental blah blah blah. I particularly love 10X10, Karen O sounds like the love child of both Siouxsie Sioux and Axl Rose on that one. I wasn't much of a fan before, but these are really good songs.

sarramkrop 07.28.2007 06:04 PM

Duh! The name of the ep is Is Is!!!!

Norma J 07.28.2007 06:06 PM

My girlfriend likes this band.

sarramkrop 07.28.2007 06:10 PM

I think 10X10 has the best start for a song that I have heard in a while, at least in the whole 'alternative blah blah' rock scene, whatever you kids call it.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 07.28.2007 06:13 PM

haven't heard it.
Ive got a copy of show yr bones and its alright.

atsonicpark 07.28.2007 06:16 PM

ew.

sarramkrop 07.28.2007 06:17 PM

Why would you say ew if you haven't even heard it? Are you you an idiot?

atsonicpark 07.28.2007 06:21 PM

uh... do what?

i have heard it. i listen to every new thing that comes out, my friend.

this band is terrible.

sarramkrop 07.28.2007 06:22 PM

Right, I knew that you are an idiot anyway. Goodnight, talentless bag.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 07.28.2007 06:24 PM

ha.

atsonicpark 07.28.2007 06:26 PM

Oh no, I will never be as talented as a girl who yelps and fingerbangs herself on stage overtop of poorly-written garage shit rock! Woe is me!

Taking your holier-than-thou stance on anything is fine by me, because it's usually funny, but you're actually taking offense at me insulting hte fucking YEAH YEAH YEAHS?! does anyone even like that band? "GOLD LION SHOW ME WHERE YOU RLIGHT IS OH MAN I'M OUTTA CONTROL WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!" I mean, if that's what gets you rollin', that's cool man but damn... I'd like to think you'd defend a band that actually isn't that laughably shitty.

On the bright side, Nick is a good guitar player (too bad he doesn't really get to demonstrate it) and the drummer is in the Seconds, who are good.

Norma J 07.28.2007 06:29 PM

I don't think you're meant to take this band as anything more than fun pop Atsonicpark.

atsonicpark 07.28.2007 06:30 PM

True, but he's the one calling me an idiot just cuz I said "ew."

And note that I'm an idiot, though the EP is called "Is Is" and he has called it "Isss" and "Isis" on this thread. Go ahead and reply "YEAH CUZ SPELLING ERRORS ARE SO IMPORTANT YOU'VE MADE SPELLING ERRORS BLAH BLAH BLAH' or something. I'm just saying. Pot kettle black and all that shit.

Sonic Youth 37 07.28.2007 08:47 PM

This is their best release since the Machine EP. I find it odd that they just now release these songs as most (4 I know) have been in shows since long before Show Your Bones. Solid EP, I bought it today, first got it when it leaked.

HaydenAsche 07.28.2007 10:23 PM

I haven't heard it yet. Show yr bones SUCKED, though.

persona non grata 07.28.2007 10:42 PM

i enjoyed the song they did on letterman the other night.

i'll probably bum a copy off of a friend or something.

demonrail666 07.28.2007 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
fingerbangs herself on stage

Does she? Tour dates please.

atsonicpark 07.29.2007 12:08 AM

She's nasty though..

sarramkrop 07.29.2007 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
True, but he's the one calling me an idiot just cuz I said "ew."

And note that I'm an idiot, though the EP is called "Is Is" and he has called it "Isss" and "Isis" on this thread. Go ahead and reply "YEAH CUZ SPELLING ERRORS ARE SO IMPORTANT YOU'VE MADE SPELLING ERRORS BLAH BLAH BLAH' or something. I'm just saying. Pot kettle black and all that shit.

Shut up, will ya? The day I take offence by what you post is a cold one in hell. You just kinda irritated me a little because, at best, you normally just say terrible this or terrible that. Also, you strike me as a chap who listens to music only because it's cool, so why would I take offence from someone like you? As if......

atsonicpark 07.29.2007 08:14 AM

What you say makes no sense. "You strike me as a fellow that listens to music only cuz it's COOL!" Sorry, I think most of the music I like is probably not considered cool to most of the people here. I posted how much I love a lot of Metallica's shit a while back. So... yeah.. my current playlist is Astrobite, Rumskib, Eluvium, Screeching Weasel, Fleetings Joys, Reich (music for 18 musicians), and Aube. Not sure how "cool" those bands are or what hype they generate, but I'll make sure and find out and get back to you.

.............I just tend to think terrible things are terrible and good things are good. Sorry about that! But alright I'll shut up since you asked nicely.