Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   sendspace: scissor shock - you're all slime ep (2007) (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=13806)

atsonicpark 06.09.2007 05:01 PM

sendspace: scissor shock - you're all slime ep (2007)

If you like scissor shock (and who doesn't? *crickets chirp*), you'll love this new ep which will eventually be released on CAVERNOUS RECORDS (www.myspace.com/cavernousrecords i think). but i'll let the 2 or 3 people on this board who wanna hear it .. hear it first.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d2tm05

it's uh.. folkier than before.. okay, maybe that's just the acoustic guitar.. it's music for robotripping.. there. enjoy.

finding nobody 06.10.2007 03:46 AM

Color me impressed

atsonicpark 06.10.2007 06:29 AM

haha.

yeah. i try to change the sound a bit for every album. so i feel some people will like some of my work and not like other parts. but most open minded people like it all.

the next album i do is going to be VERY no wave and jazz influenced........ more so than it already is... like captain beefheart meets electronic glitch jazz grind. haha.

SYRFox 06.10.2007 08:01 AM

Just listened to it, I liked it a lot, especially "Science Doesn't Exist" and "Tremolo Prick". It sometimes reminded me of Black Dice, but with a very personnal style. Great music =)

atsonicpark 06.10.2007 08:04 AM

thanks.

black dice are kindred spirits i think, because we both started out as chaotic uh... "bands"... and then kinda morphed into weird noise bands...

anyway, thanks for the compliments/downloads. upcoming releases besides this one will be a split with weird pop grind band bubblegum octopus.. just waiting for him to finish his side. it'll be on KIDDIERIOT!

finding nobody 06.10.2007 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
haha.

yeah. i try to change the sound a bit for every album. so i feel some people will like some of my work and not like other parts. but most open minded people like it all.

the next album i do is going to be VERY no wave and jazz influenced........ more so than it already is... like captain beefheart meets electronic glitch jazz grind. haha.

I'll be honest and tell you that I didn't dig any of the Sissor Shock songs I heard before. Every other one that I heard was just completely spontanious electronic stuff. I feel this has much more depth.

atsonicpark 06.10.2007 03:33 PM

no biggy man, whatever floats your skronk boat :P

Everyneurotic 06.10.2007 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
thanks.

black dice are kindred spirits i think, because we both started out as chaotic uh... "bands"... and then kinda morphed into weird noise bands...

anyway, thanks for the compliments/downloads. upcoming releases besides this one will be a split with weird pop grind band bubblegum octopus.. just waiting for him to finish his side. it'll be on KIDDIERIOT!

yeah, kr is bringing it in oh-sevun!!!

by the way, you can send me anything you want for artwork and/or artwork ideas.

downloading this now.

finding nobody 06.10.2007 11:07 PM

Also: the gnarly acoustic guitars were nice. Reminds me of Jandek

PAULYBEE2656 06.11.2007 10:23 AM

downing it now............

Trasher02 06.11.2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
Also: the gnarly acoustic guitars were nice. Reminds me of Jandek

Jandek rules.
Digging it Adam, time to get me some robotrippin material.

king_buzzo 06.11.2007 10:38 AM

Suck sendspace. It always says that its busy around my area.

SYRFox 06.11.2007 01:12 PM

Move

atsonicpark 06.12.2007 02:42 AM

wow, didn't realize i'd get a response.

glad people like it.

everyneurotic, i'll send you some art or ideas soon...

and so i don't have to start another post...

http://www.jktapes.tk presents:jktapes12: scissor shock "the mars travolta" cd-r. 45 minutes, 45 seconds. 2007.
$5ppd
Faster than any of those pussies in any of the 'Speed' trilogy, 'The Mars Travolta' certainly challenges the relationship between time and space that controls the universe. Eleven songs about pretty much everything and anything, in some way; these digi-grinded virtual paint splatters attack yr ears until eventually they pretty much give up and rest in a state of euphoria until you die. Except you don't really die, because it's only an album and not real life--these chaos theroy-ed spastic beast overlapped bouncy-house (both in the genre and home sense) beats create a puzzle that no one but their creator Adam Cooley can solve, but y'know it's really really fun trying. I'm pretty sure this dude is pretty much know as the god of shoegazed electrocuted drones, and if he isn't, he should be--with some y'know packaging and an insert by the man himself. LTD50

all songs by adam cooley (guitars, vocals, programming, tapes, keyboards) with help from stu (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, rainmaker), sean edwards (guitars), hannah (saxaphone), kyle (trombone, rainmaker), booe (trombone), cory monster (guitar drone). tracklisting:
01. your chemistry theories are a waste of fucking time (2:22)
02. dyscalcula meltdown (4:33)
03. face shards out of context/syrf#4 (2:30)
04. bodymelt (2:14)
05. johnny merzbow sax blast in g-minor (1:08)
06. she's just a head (6:58)
07. science of sinus (3:22)
08. nailbreak0 [all architecture was built from white noise] (2:40)
09. extreme sludge worship (2:51)
10. n2o x [infinite symbol] (14:25)
11. fuck math (2:34)

Pay for it in about 4 seconds through paypal.

Buy it here:

http://geocities.com/jktapes_incirculation/
pick it up today...

it looks great...

if you only buy one scissor shock cd your whole life, make it this one! haha..

thanks for the support...

-ac

atsonicpark 06.12.2007 03:17 AM

oh, and usual, this album is approved by dextromethorphan.

song samples, also as usual, can be found at the link below...

PAULYBEE2656 06.12.2007 04:27 PM

excellent work again adam. im liking it a lot. no one else in the house does but i do!

atsonicpark 06.12.2007 06:48 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PAULYBEE2656 again.

Everyneurotic 06.12.2007 06:51 PM

dude, i need to write that shit for the mars travolta.

by the way, next month a review of tmt will appear in switch magazine mexico. plus, you're gaining cult status hear, dudes from ruido horrible/amnesis and lapatentependiente are fans.

sarramkrop 06.12.2007 06:53 PM

You don't mind me saying your music is a bit on the crap side, do you?

atsonicpark 06.12.2007 06:54 PM

EVERYNEUROTIC, that's amazing. i appreciate all you've done and will return the favor as much as possible/whenever necessary.

SAARAMKROPP, nope! don't mind a bit!