Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Which person do you reckon is the best you've spotted dancing in a public place? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=12456)

sarramkrop 04.21.2007 08:02 AM

Which person do you reckon is the best you've spotted dancing in a public place?

A teenage girl going mental to a free piano concert where i work. She was doing this electro shock dance to the calmest of piano pieces. Her mum was visibly embarassed because everyone kept looking at her and smiling.Priceless.

demonrail666 04.21.2007 08:16 AM

I always love to watch elderly couples dancing together in Spain. They're great dancers and really unselfconscious about it.

Glice 04.21.2007 08:38 AM

The guys on acid at Haino. Not so much a dance as some convulsing and confused people.

I like how kids dance up until they're about 6. Oh, there was a girl of about 15 dancing on a wall on my way to work the other day, I liked her.

sarramkrop 04.21.2007 08:41 AM

I love the crowds at metal gigs. Some spectacular moshing at The Underworld on a good night.

Glice 04.21.2007 08:44 AM

You've just reminded me of this time I saw Napalm Death a few years ago. There was some kids 'headbanging' to the support band, and I think one of them was a bit 'special'. He was brilliant, although I felt a bit wrong for laughing.

Pookie 04.21.2007 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I love the crowds at metal gigs. Some spectacular moshing at The Underworld on a good night.

I use to go to a pub that had local metal bands playing regularly. There was one bloke who was always there, and used to play air bass. If he got a note wrong, he'd stop and correct himself.

sarramkrop 04.21.2007 08:51 AM

They are a rubbish band, but The Libertines had some of the best crowds i've ever seen going completly berserk. One particular mention to this gig they played at The Hope And Anchor: The place is so tiny and it was a bunch of kids tearing the place apart. Real good fun.

Washing Machine 04.21.2007 09:22 AM

the indie kids moshing at wolf eyes the other night...lol

btw that included me after a few pints

pantophobia 04.21.2007 09:26 AM

the moshpit at the slayer show was the most organized thing i have seen before, a perpetual motion centrifuge

and i can't think of anything off my head in an odd place, but as for an odd dance, i saw a guy do the 'running man' during a rogers sisters set

Iain 04.21.2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
I like how kids dance up until they're about 6. Oh, there was a girl of about 15 dancing on a wall on my way to work the other day, I liked her.

PAEDO!

sarramkrop 04.21.2007 09:30 AM

A racist paedophile to match. I bet he thinks all black children are born with the dancing gene, because that's all they'll do when they'll grow up. There's no stopping him.

Washing Machine 04.21.2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
A racist paedophile to match. I bet he thinks all black children are born with the dancing gene, because that's all they'll do when they'll grow up. There's no stopping him.

Its true they are! At least thats whats taught at my school...

MellySingsDoom 04.21.2007 09:46 AM

I saw this couple once at a club in Soho years ago doing a type of Northern Soul dance-off thing. they were fanstastic. The best thing though was seeing Ethiopian dancing at a The Ex/Getachew Mekuriya gig in Paris last year - simply astonishing.

demonrail666 04.21.2007 09:51 AM

Me + vodka + dancefloor + sk8er boi = intricate footwork heaven

sarramkrop 04.21.2007 09:59 AM

In July we have this festival outside work called 'Watch This Space', and the most bonkers of dancers come out en masse. My favourite last year was this middle aged woman who was dancing like she was on acid ( it could have been the case, judging by her behaviour) to an african band. There's also this guy, probably in his late sixties, who wears a tutu and jumps, that's all he does, he jumps. Also a group of older guys from South London, who all dress like Elvis or The Bee Gees and throw retro poses in the crowd.

jico. 04.21.2007 10:14 AM

a drunk, blind, homeless men singing and dancing with his dog. amazing.

sarramkrop 04.21.2007 10:19 AM

Wait! I forgot to mention this spanish girl on a wheelchair doing the freakiest dance with it in a russian bar, complete with a crowd of russian guys around her. Amazing. All her friends were some of the most surreal people i've ever happened to chat to in a bar, and they had this kind of art collective thing going on. They all looked like they jumped out of a film set.

!@#$%! 04.21.2007 10:24 AM

this is not the best but the worst: a woman at a party who would do the freakiest jumping motions to the music, and traversed the dance floor as if she was riding a stick pony, regardless of the music

cryptowonderdruginvogue 04.21.2007 12:06 PM

we paid a homeless guy 20 bucks to dance in his undies once outside a bar, it was hilarious.

Isoflurane 04.22.2007 09:38 AM

Man, My fucking brother.
I had no idea that kid could move like he does.
He's got feet, and he crip walks everywhere.