Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Brighten The Corners reissue announced (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=25994)

noisereductions 09.24.2008 02:43 PM

I just thought of something. TERROR could still come out with a 2nd disc of like the last live show or something. Like on SLOW CENTURY.

That's what they basically did with SLANTED reissue. A live disc, since really most of ther pertinent bsides were WESTING.

Malcolm81 09.24.2008 04:44 PM

Speaking of Terror Twilight b-sides, one of my most favorite Malkmus lines is in Harness Your Hopes: "Show me a word that rhymes with Pavement, and I will kill your parents and roast them on a spit."

PAULYBEE2656 09.25.2008 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Box Elder's like the worst song on there.

i dont know which part of that sentence to correct first...

erm.. illl let that one pass......

noisereductions 09.25.2008 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malcolm81
Speaking of Terror Twilight b-sides, one of my most favorite Malkmus lines is in Harness Your Hopes: "Show me a word that rhymes with Pavement, and I will kill your parents and roast them on a spit."

haha that song is so good. Almost every line it is pure gold. "Roll With The Wind" is awesome too. Johnny Greenwood on harmonica!

ZEROpumpkins 09.25.2008 07:57 AM

TT does not suck.
Ask me why.

HECKLER SPRAY 09.25.2008 07:59 AM

Yeah, it does not suck, it's just not as good as the others.

dressedindreams 09.26.2008 05:28 AM

i prefer it to btc, because even though it's kinda boring, it all fits in together.
brighten had a couple of okay songs, and the rest were all out shit

greedrex 09.26.2008 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dressedindreams
brighten had a couple of okay songs, and the rest were all out shit

ZEROpumpkins 09.26.2008 09:14 AM

BTC has Shady Lane. That's enough to save the whole album.

radarmaker 09.26.2008 09:55 AM

I have no strong feelings either way about TT, but I do love the way that people on this forum feel obliged to post over & over again in the same thread expressing their distaste, y'know, just in case anyone missed it the first half-dozen times or actually gives a flying rats ass...

greedrex 09.26.2008 10:01 AM

ha ha

floatingslowly 09.26.2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radarmaker
I do love the way that people on this forum feel obliged to post over & over again in the same thread expressing their distaste, y'know, just in case anyone missed it the first half-dozen times or actually gives a flying rats ass...

yr new to the internet, aren't you? welcome aboard, captain.

that said, I LOVE Terror Twilight! it makes a great coffee coaster.

ZEROpumpkins 09.26.2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
yr new to the internet, aren't you? welcome aboard, captain.

that said, I LOVE Terror Twilight! it makes a great coffee coaster.

Hahahahahaha:D:D

greedrex 10.11.2008 08:01 AM

from tonevendor

Pre-order PAVEMENT-Brighten The Corners: Nicene Creedence Ed. dbl CD and you will become part of Matador's Buy Early Get Now Sixth Pre-Order Promotion. You will receive:
- Instant stream of album starting October 10th - Bonus Track #1 available October 15th - Bonus Track #2 available November 4th - Street date November 18th - The 2xCD, plus a vinyl LP containing an unreleased live show AND free poster will ship out.
The bonus live LP was recorded during the first Brighten tour and scheduled for release as OLE-324 in July 1998, but was then shelved... until now. It's very easy, just ore-order the dbl CD deluxe edition of Pave - Brighten The Corners and within a day or two, you will be e-mailed a confirmation and directions to get all of the goods.

ZEROpumpkins 10.11.2008 08:24 AM

BRB need bucket for drool.

greedrex 10.11.2008 08:26 AM

ZEROpumpkins 10.11.2008 08:28 AM

Obvious photshop, but still lol

greedrex 10.11.2008 08:30 AM

careful with that tongue, it's in the way.

stu666 10.28.2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greedrex
from tonevendor

Pre-order PAVEMENT-Brighten The Corners: Nicene Creedence Ed. dbl CD and you will become part of Matador's Buy Early Get Now Sixth Pre-Order Promotion. You will receive:
- Instant stream of album starting October 10th - Bonus Track #1 available October 15th - Bonus Track #2 available November 4th - Street date November 18th - The 2xCD, plus a vinyl LP containing an unreleased live show AND free poster will ship out.
The bonus live LP was recorded during the first Brighten tour and scheduled for release as OLE-324 in July 1998, but was then shelved... until now. It's very easy, just ore-order the dbl CD deluxe edition of Pave - Brighten The Corners and within a day or two, you will be e-mailed a confirmation and directions to get all of the goods.

i know the release date for this has been put back but what about the bonus tracks? has anyone got their codes yet for this, i'm still waiting and haven't heard anything.

dnorsen 10.28.2008 04:51 PM

if you sign into your begn acc't it shows the first bonus track.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
i know the release date for this has been put back but what about the bonus tracks? has anyone got their codes yet for this, i'm still waiting and haven't heard anything.