Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   attn: Madlib fans -- 73Funshine? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40113)

noisereductions 06.11.2010 12:37 PM

attn: Madlib fans -- 73Funshine?

Anyone have a vinyl rip of 73 Funshine?

SpaceCadetHayden 06.11.2010 02:02 PM

I know someone with it but am not sure if he has the capabilities. I can see what I can find. I for sure had all of the mp3s at some point.

noisereductions 06.11.2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceCadetHayden
I know someone with it but am not sure if he has the capabilities. I can see what I can find. I for sure had all of the mp3s at some point.

damn, that'd be awesome... as big of a Madlib fan as I am -- it's his jazz stuff that I looooooooooooooove!

SpaceCadetHayden 06.11.2010 02:11 PM

I CAN'T FIND MINE.

But, mi Miquelito said that he does have it and can upload it, he just has to wait until the next time he's at the practice space/studio.

I've been on a madlib binge recently so if I find mine sooner, I'll post it.

noisereductions 06.11.2010 02:23 PM

that's awesome.

Do you have THE FUNKY SIDE OF LIFE (put out as Sound Directions)? I know I did an NR Essentials thread bout it. Gawd that album is amazing. I musta listened to "Wanda Vidal" like 10 times the other day.

SpaceCadetHayden 06.11.2010 02:35 PM

That record is fucking awesome too. Madlib is just soooooo fucking solid. The fucking beat kondukta, man. And I just love how he's ALL OVER THE PLACE. Not just in other people's tracks but he never sounds the same whether he's just a bit more jazzy, funky, or hip-hop-y.

noisereductions 06.11.2010 02:47 PM

word. he's put out at least 8 albums already this year that I can think of. You know about the Medicine Show right? His series this year, an album a month? I haven't heard most of em, but...

The Last Electro Acoustic Space Jazz & Percussion Ensemble's (already third album!) MILES AWAY is probably my favorite jazz album of the year so far. It's incredibly solid, somewhat funky but mostly chilled. Get it if you don't have it.

the Young Jazz Rebels' album SLAVE RIOT is pretty intense free jazz. I mean it's not completely free, but it's mostly wild. Hasn't grown on me as MUCH as the Last Electo album, but still worth checking. And could still grow on me more.

SUPPOSEDLY the Medicine Show #7 (July) will be entitled HIGH JAZZ and will probably be a compilation of YNQ-related groups. WHICH I cannot wait for. If it's anything like YESTERDAYS UNIVERSE I'll be in heaven.

BTW Hayden, there's still a few vinyls I don't have. Maybe you do and can share? I still need BLUNTED IN THE BOMBSHELTER EP, and SUITE FOR BROTHER WELDON ep... and maybe a few more EP's or singles. I can't think right now. But I have a lot of YNQ/Madlib-jazz-projects. In a weird way, YNQ is one of my favorite "bands" of the last century.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.13.2010 12:13 AM

I loooooooove The Funky Side of Life.

kierkegaarden 06.13.2010 02:04 AM

This it?

noisereductions 06.13.2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kierkegaarden

yessir! Thank you!

kierkegaarden 06.13.2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
yessir! Thank you!

Glad to assist.

noisereductions 06.13.2010 02:49 PM

ok, now let's all go on a hunt for more outofprint and obscure Madlib stuff and post it all in this thread! :)

kierkegaarden 06.13.2010 03:59 PM

Post some requests?

finding nobody 06.14.2010 03:41 AM

I really loved Mind Fusion Vol. 2 But, I didn't have much trouble finding it on soulseek
He's a genius. for sure

noisereductions 06.14.2010 07:10 AM

yes!! Mind Fusion 2 is DEFINITELY my favorite volume of the series. f'd up jazz mix. Love it. BTW did you know the liner notes to Mind Fusion 2 were by Mr. T. Moore?

noisereductions 06.15.2010 02:19 PM

YES! Just confirmed:

Medicine Show #7: High Jazz (July) just like the rumors said

AND...

Medicine Show #8: Advanced Jazz (Aug) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noisereductions 06.30.2010 03:24 PM

MMS#&: High Jazz is now up for pre-order thru Stones Throw. It looks AMAZING. Much like YESTERDAYS UNIVERSE it is a compilation of tracks from various YNQ groups. OMG. There's a free mp3 to sample. I'm very excited. This could be the best jazz album of the year.