Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40798)

Derek 11.06.2011 06:54 AM

Tales of the Crypt
Random Simpsons boxsets (as always)

And I just finished Freaks & Geeks which was fucking excellent.

stu666 11.11.2011 06:12 PM

No Nirvana

Murmer99 11.20.2011 06:25 PM

twin peaks
first volume of batman the animated series

on dvd

schizophrenicroom 11.25.2011 08:02 PM

watching inception

Dr. Eugene Felikson 12.05.2011 06:25 AM

Bleach

Angel

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Dr. Eugene Felikson 12.13.2011 04:41 AM

Angel, Angel, Angel, Frasier, Angel, Angel

Count Mecha 12.14.2011 05:46 AM

Malcolm in the Middle. Quite a good show, but I feel depressed after pretty much every episode haha.

nicfit 12.14.2011 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Mecha

Malcolm in the Middle. Quite a good show, but I feel depressed after pretty much every episode haha.

Nowadays that show feels like a Breaking Bad spinoff where Mr White gets a witness protective custody alternative life.

Toilet & Bowels 12.16.2011 05:25 AM

This is England '88, it's the most hardcore program ever (check this is england, and this is england '86 first though)

Murmer99 12.16.2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

Neon Genesis Evangelion

this.

Derek 12.16.2011 08:16 PM

Breaking Bad is the best show in the history of television.

EVOLghost 12.20.2011 01:44 PM

^ Always sunny is funny!

and....I haven't watched Breaking Bad...

DeadDiscoDildo 01.09.2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
Nowadays that show feels like a Breaking Bad spinoff where Mr White gets a witness protective custody alternative life.

HAHAHAHA

DeadDiscoDildo 01.09.2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Mecha
I don't really watch Doctor Who. But everyone once in a while it happens that I see it on and I watch a few minutes of it. I think he's half alright, quite charismatic, seems to work.

Matt Smith is probably my favorite. The episode with van gough is amazing.

LifeDistortion 01.09.2012 07:39 PM

I like the chemistry between Matt Smith and Karen Gillan, its going to be a bit getting used to have Smith still as the Doctor but without his crimson haired companion.

Count Mecha 01.10.2012 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

Neon Genesis Evangelion

I think I need to rewatch NGE. I saw it when I was oh, 17/18-ish. And I thought it was just ok. Seemed like a show that wasn't very interested in narrative and more in being philosophical in an extremely circular fashion. I might be able to appreciate it more now that I'm a little older.

Just started this last week when my sister told me she just happened to have the whole series collecting dust in the corner of her room. I'm about seven episodes in. Really good so far. At first I thought it would be amazingly grim, though the thought of how employees at a funeral home cope with death in their own family member was really fascinating. It's still pretty grim, but the comedy really lets it up at times. It's kind of weird to see Michael C. Hall portray a gay man, particularly since his partner Keith reminds me so much of Doakes from Dexter. That's an odd match up. Either way, I think it's a pretty fascinating examination of death and nobility and other things. I think the Brenda character is absolutely useless though haha.

I don't think I've ever seen an HBO show I didn't like.

LifeDistortion 01.10.2012 05:17 AM

Six Feet Under is great and I believe their first season in the best season of the series. That's not to say the other seasons aren't enjoyable, cause they are, but its different then the first season.

louder 01.14.2012 05:35 PM

E. Noisefield 01.14.2012 06:08 PM

Then I think I'm going to give Lost another run-through. I have about one hour per night that's not devoted to something else, so I should be pretty much set for the first half of 2012. :)

Count Mecha 01.15.2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E. Noisefield

Then I think I'm going to give Lost another run-through. I have about one hour per night that's not devoted to something else, so I should be pretty much set for the first half of 2012. :)

Without looking, I think that's the season 3 poster. 4 started in july, so it's either 2 or 3, feels like 3.

I keep meaning to watch through Lost again. I haven't cracked the season 6 dvd I got for Christmas back when it came out. Some of my friends didn't really dig the finale. I liked it, but would like to see it again with the whole show fresh, see if it still holds up.

Been watching through Babylon 5 again. Incredible show. Sure the production could be visibly hokey at times, but that could easily be forgiven when you got immersed in the very dynamic plot lines and colorful characters. And it has one of the best and most tragic villains in almost well anything in Londo. Outshines Star Trek in every way. Kirk or Picard, and believe me, I love Picard, but give me Captain John Sheridan any day.