Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I'm playing my first show Oct 9th (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=41574)

finding nobody 09.29.2010 01:28 PM

I'm playing my first show Oct 9th

I've played at a talent show, and two open mic nights, so this is not a very big deal. and I'm 99% sure nobody lives in my area. But, I am exited and I just felt like sharing. The set will consist of all original material. my friend who got me the opening spot told me the record store can get in trouble for bands playing covers (?).. weather or not he's right, it'll make it more interesting show
Videos from the video will be on youtube not long after the show.

SONIC GAIL 09.29.2010 02:16 PM

Sounds cool good luck!!!!! I just finished putting the visual appeal on our little demo packages and they are ready to give out around town. Hopefully someplace will like it. :)

tesla69 09.29.2010 03:26 PM

Its always good to drink a quart of whiskey right before your first gig.

but seriously, good job, any gig is important. Venues are required to pay royalties if you do covers so the record store is probably trying to avoid that.

finding nobody 09.29.2010 03:34 PM

SONIC GAIL- Good luck with the demo! I sent a bunch of my older demos out over the internet to anyone who wanted one. It's cool for me to think about people who are in county's I've never been to having my tape in their collection. I guess that's really the only benefit, unless you get lucky! but that can always happen. I sent a tape to Ecstatic Peace and never heard back. That's the only label I ever mailed anything to... But, don't let that stop you
Tesla- haha.. I thought about that. I can see myself having maybe 2 beers before playing.

atsonicpark 09.29.2010 03:45 PM

YAY! Playing shows is pretty fun, I used to love it. I loved playing with robe. and getting free beer and money. Good luck.

SONIC GAIL 09.29.2010 03:53 PM

Hey where are you in FL? Sorry if I asked before already.

finding nobody 09.29.2010 04:08 PM

HEY! I didn't even think about it, but that's a legit reason to party (not that it's even necessary to have a reason to party).. haha!
Quote:

Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
Hey where are you in FL? Sorry if I asked before already.

Panama City (North West FL)

SONIC GAIL 09.29.2010 04:45 PM

Cool I am in jacksonville north east. Bout an 8 hour drive or so.

finding nobody 09.29.2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
Cool I am in jacksonville north east. Bout an 8 hour drive or so.

Right on. A few people I knew have lived there. They told me that's a crazy place. I know it's a colossal town, so it's gotta have a lot going on
Panama City is a really terrible town to live in. I plan leaving in the next few years
Just caught that nirvana song in your sig. Sick!

SONIC GAIL 09.29.2010 07:21 PM

I dig the nirvana. Jax surprisingly has a pretty nice music and art vibe goin on. We have Riverside, San marco and the beaches to name a few. We have caught the local flavor which is good. Very unique city with a lot to take in. I like it for now.

DeadDiscoDildo 09.29.2010 08:09 PM

Have a blast man!

finding nobody 09.29.2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
Have a blast man!

Rest assured this will happen, regardless of the circumstances

Florya 09.30.2010 05:02 AM

Congratulations and good luck!!

chicka 09.30.2010 12:52 PM

Congratulations and Rip it UP!!!!!!!!

nicfit 09.30.2010 01:36 PM

Congrats Joel!
NOW MY TAPE WILL GAIN INEXTIMABLE VALUE AND I'LL SELL THE POLAROID TO TABLOIDS!!!!

EVOLghost 09.30.2010 02:03 PM

awesome!

you better kick ass man.

finding nobody 09.30.2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
Congrats Joel!
NOW MY TAPE WILL GAIN INEXTIMABLE VALUE AND I'LL SELL THE POLAROID TO TABLOIDS!!!!

Hahaha.. you're awesome.
and thank you to everyone!
asses will be kicked.
We had a nice productive rehearsal today. things are looking good. I've got a video with a portions song we worked on today. We spent a good amount of time adding different parts in the song, and I'm pretty happy with the results. You hear all of the song in the video, but not all at the same time. And it still needs a little crafting. but. here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPe-6EleSLw

atsonicpark 09.30.2010 10:50 PM

I love Florida so much. I actually filmed some stuff at the beach for my next movie. My favorite place in the world..

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.30.2010 10:53 PM

Congrats dude! Tear that shit the fuck up!

Rob Instigator 10.01.2010 09:07 AM

excellent man! HAVE FUN. rip it up. play every song like it's the last song of the night. If you guiys are not having fun the audience can tell. let us know how it goes!!!!