Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Redd Kross REUNITED!!! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3406)

khchris(original) 06.25.2006 02:23 AM

Redd Kross REUNITED!!!

I really can't wait to see them at DKTR and Sunset Junction.

Redd Kross still go down as one of the best live bands, I look forward to seeing the McDonald brothers tearing it up again!

Any Redd Kross fans?(you know, Thurston's a Redd Kross fan!)

krastian 06.25.2006 02:25 AM

What???? Crazy....post the tour dates, would ya?

John Violence 06.25.2006 02:41 AM

Redd Kross rules! Please post dates.

Пятхъдесят Шест 06.25.2006 12:10 PM

All these reunions must stop. Damn the Pixies for starting all this...

khchris(original) 06.25.2006 12:32 PM

ORIGINAL "NEUROTICA" LINEUP!

July 1 @ Red Cat Theater(sold out)
Aug 26 @ Sunset Junction(Cramps also playing!)

Supposedly they are going to release a new album in 2006! Steve has been touring with SPARKS(playing bass).

My favorites:

1. Neurotica
2. Teen Babes from Monsanto
3. Born Innocent
4. 3rd Eye
5. Phaseshifter

I didn't really like anything after that unfortunately:(

John Violence 06.25.2006 03:22 PM

Neurotica is the best in my opinion.

kingcoffee 06.26.2006 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
All these reunions must stop. Damn the Pixies for starting all this...

Fuck it! I want more reunions! There are too many great bands that have fallen by the wayside while moidern day wankers get all the fame and glory! If I have to see one more goddamn emo tshirt I will fucking wretch. No good bands come to my city anymore except for Motorhead, but they only come but once a year. Aside from them, it's always some sitty hardcore metal band or a rap group or a shitty emo band. Nothing good!

And let's face it, almost all the best punk rockers are either dead or retired or just pathetic. Now you get some righteously good bands reuniting (Pixies, Dinosaur Jr, Mission of Burma, The Fall, Meat Puppets, and now Red Kross) and you complain about it??? Fuck you! Take it as a goddamn blessing! I'll take as many great reunited rock bands as I can get. Spare me from this goddamn era of watered-down, whiney, derivative crap rock! Fuck All American Rejects and AFI!! Im sick of this shit! I want all the great punk acts of the '80's and 90's that no longer exist to reunite and stand up agianst this horrible trite that teenagers call music! We must rebel!!!

khchris(original) 06.26.2006 08:45 AM

Yeah, kids today have no idea how much better the music scene was during the 80s & early-mid 90s. I heard a kid even say that "lightning bolt were better than Ruins"(gulp!).

Kids.

kingcoffee 06.26.2006 01:17 PM

Fuckin kids nowadays. I don't know what the hell is wrong with them and their music and their clothes and hair. I know I sound like a miserable old miser, but Im still only fucking 20!!! I just hate the current trends is all. Don't hate me, teen culture just sucks right now. Most teens are just into shitty rock music and shitty fashion. They take this shit way too seriously, and all of a sudden being depressed and detached and whiney is really, really popular. Since when did being depressed become a fad? It's like goth took a hike and teens became more misanthropic and pathetic.

kingcoffee 06.26.2006 01:22 PM

It just gets to me is all. These kids could really be discovering better music and be doing more constructive things with their time than going on myspace and pretending to be all detached and dispondent and listen to whiney, loser-rock (emo) and say that life is pathetic and blah blah blah. Grow the fuck up and learn how to deal with yr emotions like a rational human being. Yes, teenage years can be depressing and daunting at times. Hormones are raging and shit just seems to keep coming at you from all directions, but kids juts can't keep turning inwards like this. It just seems so selfish. They're all caught up in their own personal tragedy that they can't deal with real tasks.

kingcoffee 06.26.2006 01:23 PM

And the emo scene really exploits those feeling you have when yr a teen. They should be held responsible for the misery of millions of dumbass teens all across the country.

Inhuman 06.26.2006 01:45 PM

I'm anxious to hear them. I only know them because of that track on the whitey album that mentions them

jon boy 06.27.2006 05:03 AM

they must all be in their late twenties now!

elix it 06.27.2006 09:58 AM

Damnit! I want to see them!

Teen Babes!

Onani Nic 06.27.2006 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingcoffee
. Don't hate me, teen culture just sucks right now.

I agree that it sucks now but I'm pretty sure teen culture has always sucked.

Savage Clone 06.27.2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khchris(original)
Yeah, kids today have no idea how much better the music scene was during the 80s & early-mid 90s. I heard a kid even say that "lightning bolt were better than Ruins"(gulp!).

Kids.

This from a guy who holds a torch for Die Kreuzen?

Grain of salt.

porkmarras 06.27.2006 11:11 AM

Front Line assembly,Clock Dva etc......those were the days.

finding nobody 06.27.2006 12:17 PM

you guys ever seen the bitchin ass videos?

Everyneurotic 06.27.2006 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone

Grain of salt.

hey, just because khchris is a jerkdoesn't mean you have to fuck with die kreutzen.

born innocent is fucking awesome, their stuff as "red cross" rules too.

khchris(original) 06.27.2006 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone

Grain of salt.

Thurston Moore's a big fan of early Die Kreuzen.